Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > CPU Fan does not turn on NEVER

CPU Fan does not turn on NEVER

Deivid

When i turn on my notebook, the cpu fan never turn on, i have a toshiba
satellite notebook M35 can somebody help me ?

Cub

"Deivid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> When i turn on my notebook, the cpu fan never turn on, i have a toshiba
> satellite notebook M35 can somebody help me ?

You are beyond help !

thanatoid

"Cub" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:44d8bab4$0$60351$(E-Mail Removed):

> "Deivid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> When i turn on my notebook, the cpu fan never turn on, i
>> have a toshiba satellite notebook M35 can somebody help me
>> ?
>>

> You are beyond help !

Maybe, maybe not, but do it a few more times and the only help
you will need is the directions to the store where you can buy
another laptop to destroy at your convenience.

Ghostrider

Deivid wrote:

> When i turn on my notebook, the cpu fan never turn on, i have a toshiba
> satellite notebook M35 can somebody help me ?

Install a motherboard monitor and keep tabs on CPU temperature.
The CPU fan might be thermostatically controlled and the CPU
temp has not yet reached the threshold. New model CPU's are
also being designed to throttle-back when critical temps are
reached and socketing has been improved to dissipate the heat
better through the motherboard and chassis.

Toolman Tim

Deivid wrote:
> When i turn on my notebook, the cpu fan never turn on, i have a
> toshiba satellite notebook M35 can somebody help me ?

My laptop (and most of them at work) seldom or never turn on the fan either.
If the system gets HOT, it turns on. You need to get a system temperature
monitor and see if you even need to worry about the fan.

Dan Evans

"Deivid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> When i turn on my notebook, the cpu fan never turn on, i have a toshiba
> satellite notebook M35 can somebody help me ?

My Asus hardly ever uses the fan either. It's probably by design.

Dan

SgtMinor

Deivid wrote:
> When i turn on my notebook, the cpu fan never turn on, i have a toshiba
> satellite notebook M35 can somebody help me ?

Are you positive the fan doesn't run? On some Satellites the fan
is very quiet and you have to put your ear next to the air intake
hole, or hold your hand next to the slots on the side of the unit
to be able to tell the fan is running.

Check the settings under Power Saver Options. (Start > All
Programs > Toshiba Console). Change the CPU settings and see if
you can't "force" the fan to kick in.

Deivid

I will check it with a motherboard monitor, i already changed the cpu
fan, i use the notebook with the keyboard open to the the fan, but
never turn on, and after a time the pc is hot and shut down.

Thank you for your tip !

Ghostrider wrote:
> Deivid wrote:
>
> > When i turn on my notebook, the cpu fan never turn on, i have a toshiba
> > satellite notebook M35 can somebody help me ?
> >

> Install a motherboard monitor and keep tabs on CPU temperature.
> The CPU fan might be thermostatically controlled and the CPU
> temp has not yet reached the threshold. New model CPU's are
> also being designed to throttle-back when critical temps are
> reached and socketing has been improved to dissipate the heat
> better through the motherboard and chassis.

Deivid

SgtMinor "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> Deivid wrote:
>> When i turn on my notebook, the cpu fan never turn on, i have a

toshiba
>> satellite notebook M35 can somebody help me ?
>>

> Are you positive the fan doesn't run? On some Satellites the fan
> is very quiet and you have to put your ear next to the air intake
> hole, or hold your hand next to the slots on the side of the unit
> to be able to tell the fan is running.
>
> Check the settings under Power Saver Options. (Start > All
> Programs > Toshiba Console). Change the CPU settings and see if
> you can't "force" the fan to kick in.

I took the fan out, just for testing, and learned the da*n thing wouldn't
boot without it. I put the fan back but now it still won't boot.

Any ideas?

Meat Plow

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 00:30:20 +0200, Deivid wrote:

> SgtMinor "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
>> Deivid wrote:
>>> When i turn on my notebook, the cpu fan never turn on, i have a

> toshiba
>>> satellite notebook M35 can somebody help me ?
>>>

>> Are you positive the fan doesn't run? On some Satellites the fan is
>> very quiet and you have to put your ear next to the air intake hole, or
>> hold your hand next to the slots on the side of the unit to be able to
>> tell the fan is running.
>>
>> Check the settings under Power Saver Options. (Start > All Programs >
>> Toshiba Console). Change the CPU settings and see if you can't "force"
>> the fan to kick in.
>>

> I took the fan out, just for testing, and learned the da*n thing wouldn't
> boot without it. I put the fan back but now it still won't boot.
>
> Any ideas?

Find a Toshiba authorized laptop repair facility before you **** it up
even more.

--