Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Windiot Users Living in LALALALA Land? (My School is Linux as Well)

Re: Windiot Users Living in LALALALA Land? (My School is Linux as Well)

Asstroturfer Tomas Fink posting on behalf of micoshaft wrote:

I find very interesting that Linux users seem to be observing a completely
different world setting than Windope idiots. While Linux users
talk of 3rd world nations sending free operated computers to people who are
starving, I see an educational/business/real life idiots selling system
that is for worse based upon a Windows infrastructure being sold to third
world to bilk even more money out of poor people.

For a person interested in a career in just about anything other than
possibly Computer Sciences, it does not take long to discover that Linux is
not an option, its essential for poor student budgets. Accountants, Doctors,
Lawyers, office workers, engineers,
graphic artists, musicians, advertising hacks and so forth all
were poor students once and could have used either Linux or GNU/Linux
instead of stretching student budgets to pay for Windopes or OSeX
by sys admins egging themselves on with support loonacy in campus rules.
Try and find Linux in those fields and you can't but yet it is
free for students to download and use.
http://www.livecdlist.com
Quantian has xmaxima for example to solve equations symbolically.
You may find the occasional oddball, or possibly and in house developed
system using windiot software but for the most part, Linux and open
source is used all the time.

Surveys now show students and many IT staff are more than
ever using open source and familiar with it, while its
the upper crust windiot admins who lost touch with users
years ago that are still clinging to windopes and dictating IT on the
the campus even though the majority of their colleagues and
students don't support it.

Which brings me to my school, UCLA Anderson School Of IT MisManagement.
Linux is not supported, you have to sneak it in.
Linux is forbidden by windiots pretending to be useful sys admins.
(Should be sacking the lot of them if you ask me...)
Linux simply allows us students to integrate with our educational
program like open office (http://www.openoffice.org) free of charge
instead of having to steal software whilst living on a poor university
student budget.
Even OSeX is not allowed because its a crap pay software.

Why is this so difficult for Linux opponents to understand?
Students and users are the king and ignoring them at educational
institutions when the majority are already using open source
software, it becomes criminally negligent of IT staff to
pretend they can't support Linux.

Do you jokers actually believe that people care about an operating system?
People, like myself, have a certain set of rules to follow, we have a
certain set of standards we need to follow and out main objective is to
graduate, go out into the world and become productive.
The world uses GNU/Linux ever more and its the bright future
for all, and Windopes and OSeX to a lesser degree which
are payola crap that can't be funded through student budgets.
Linux is best on the radar screen for EVERYONE.
And I mean EVERYONE including windiots having problems with BSA
turning up every now and then trying to blame them for lapses
in licensing.

What Linux users need to do is focus on WHY Linux is number one in the
educational system while IT windiots in business and in general,
address Linux as issues and acting like crazed cowards and
denying a problem exists when they could switch instead download
open office and see the benefits of cross platform support
under GNU/Linux.
http://www.livecdlist.com
http://www.openoffice.org

Take a walk through your local college campus sometime and ask the students.
Mention Linux and you will most likely get a geeky stare.
Unless of course you pick MIT or similar wherever windiots have
exercised their zealotry and make you pay top dollar
for an incompentent viri ridden OS like windopes instead
of opting out to help poor students through college with
free software.

flatfish+++

On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 23:27:16 +0000, 7 wrote:

> Asstroturfer Tomas Fink posting on behalf of micoshaft wrote:

Proof positive that the Linux community is braindead.
You real advocates really should put the kabash on idiots like 7 because
he only serves to make the honest advocates look like fools.

But of course, any negative Microsoft comment is a good comment, so I
doubt you dorks will ever follow reasonable advice.

So be it.

Even a basic Google will bring up 7 and make you bozos look even more like
fools than you are.

asstroturfer flatfish+++ wrote on behalf of micoshaft:

> On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 23:27:16 +0000, 7 wrote:
>
>> Asstroturfer Tomas Fink posting on behalf of micoshaft wrote:

Proof positive that the Linux community is alive and kicking windope butts.
You real windope advocates really should put the kabash
on idiots like 7 because he only serves to make the
honest advocates look like fools.

But of course, any negative Micoshaft comment is a good comment coming
from a windope, so I doubt you dorks will ever follow reasonable advice.

So be it.

Even a basic Google will bring up 7 and make you bozos look even more like
fools than you are.

Duane Arnold

Get off the Internet Seventh Heaven

yttrx

In comp.os.linux.advocacy 7 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> asstroturfer flatfish+++ wrote on behalf of micoshaft:
>
>> On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 23:27:16 +0000, 7 wrote:
>>
>>> Asstroturfer Tomas Fink posting on behalf of micoshaft wrote:

> Proof positive that the Linux community is alive and kicking windope butts.
> You real windope advocates really should put the kabash
> on idiots like 7 because he only serves to make the
> honest advocates look like fools.
>
> But of course, any negative Micoshaft comment is a good comment coming
> from a windope, so I doubt you dorks will ever follow reasonable advice.
>
> So be it.
>
> Even a basic Google will bring up 7 and make you bozos look even more like
> fools than you are.

Is there anyone around here who uses linux just cause they kinda like it,
and not because they hate windows?

-----yttrx

--
http://www.yttrx.net

Jim

yttrx wrote:

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy 7 <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>> asstroturfer flatfish+++ wrote on behalf of micoshaft:

>> Proof positive that the Linux community is alive and kicking windope
>> butts. You real windope advocates really should put the kabash
>> on idiots like 7 because he only serves to make the
>> honest advocates look like fools.
>>
>> But of course, any negative Micoshaft comment is a good comment coming
>> from a windope, so I doubt you dorks will ever follow reasonable advice.
>>
>> So be it.
>>
>> Even a basic Google will bring up 7 and make you bozos look even more
>> like fools than you are.
>>

> Is there anyone around here who uses linux just cause they kinda like it,
> and not because they hate windows?
>

> -----yttrx

Yes. Me.
At first, it was a political decision. I value my privacy. I'm sick of
spending half my work day on /maintenance/. My work day is for *working*
not *fixing a broken OS*. Now, when I crank up any of my systems, I can
just get on with what I'm supposed to be doing, and not sit there waiting
for the AV/AM/Defragger/SFC to do their ****.

Linux: Because a computer is there to work for YOU.
--
When all else fails...
Use a hammer.

http://www.dotware.co.uk

Some people are like Slinkies;
They serve no particular purpose,
But they bring a smile to your face
When you push them down the stairs.

yttrx wrote:

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy 7 <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>> asstroturfer flatfish+++ wrote on behalf of micoshaft:

>> Proof positive that the Linux community is alive and kicking windope
>> butts. You real windope advocates really should put the kabash
>> on idiots like 7 because he only serves to make the
>> honest advocates look like fools.
>>
>> But of course, any negative Micoshaft comment is a good comment coming
>> from a windope, so I doubt you dorks will ever follow reasonable advice.
>>
>> So be it.
>>
>> Even a basic Google will bring up 7 and make you bozos look even more
>> like fools than you are.
>>

> Is there anyone around here who uses linux just cause they kinda like it,
> and not because they hate windows?

And just where exactly do you believe windope haters all reside?

Duane Arnold

7 wrote:
> yttrx wrote:
>

>>In comp.os.linux.advocacy 7 <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:

>>>Proof positive that the Linux community is alive and kicking windope
>>>butts. You real windope advocates really should put the kabash
>>>on idiots like 7 because he only serves to make the
>>>honest advocates look like fools.
>>>
>>>But of course, any negative Micoshaft comment is a good comment coming
>>>from a windope, so I doubt you dorks will ever follow reasonable advice.
>>>
>>>So be it.
>>>
>>>Even a basic Google will bring up 7 and make you bozos look even more
>>>like fools than you are.
>>>

>>Is there anyone around here who uses linux just cause they kinda like it,
>>and not because they hate windows?

> And just where exactly do you believe windope haters all reside?

I know! I know! Well of course, that's is your drug riddled mine.

yttrx

In comp.os.linux.advocacy 7 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Is there anyone around here who uses linux just cause they kinda like it,
>> and not because they hate windows?

> And just where exactly do you believe windope haters all reside?

Well, personally I use Linux currently because it has a familiar
user interface and has pretty good support for my soundcard, but I
could quite just as easily be using anything else that fit that
bill.

-----yttrx

--
http://www.yttrx.net

yttrx wrote:

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy 7 <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>> Is there anyone around here who uses linux just cause they kinda like
>>> it, and not because they hate windows?

>> And just where exactly do you believe windope haters all reside?
>>

> Well, personally I use Linux currently because it has a familiar
> user interface and has pretty good support for my soundcard, but I
> could quite just as easily be using anything else that fit that
> bill.

Eh?
Thats seems a pretty good ready made cut and paste answer to your
own question, not the question I asked!!!

Just where exactly do you believe your windope haters all reside?