Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can anyone suggest a good source for a digital catalog software?

Can anyone suggest a good source for a digital catalog software?

Ozark

Hi Guys,

I'm interested in building a catalog on a CD that lists various
products I sell.
I don't have anything complicated in mind. Just photos, price,
description with an index that the customer can use to find individual
items.

I would like the CD to auto boot and run in PC and DVD players.
Freeware would be great! But I don't mind paying for a good program
that is easy to use.
I've spent a few hours Googling and found lots of hits for programs for
making slide shows, cataloging your CD collection etc.

I found a few that are designed for what I want to do for $200 or so
but I don't want to take the plunge unless they are highly recommended
by another user.

Thanks

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Ozark wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm interested in building a catalog on a CD that lists various
> products I sell.
> I don't have anything complicated in mind. Just photos, price,
> description with an index that the customer can use to find individual
> items.
>
> I would like the CD to auto boot and run in PC and DVD players.
> Freeware would be great! But I don't mind paying for a good program
> that is easy to use.
> I've spent a few hours Googling and found lots of hits for programs for
> making slide shows, cataloging your CD collection etc.
>
> I found a few that are designed for what I want to do for $200 or so
> but I don't want to take the plunge unless they are highly recommended
> by another user.

Visual Basic.

Yuyolu Yuyolu is offline
Junior Member

Check out web catalog software it will allow you to organize your products with description as you mentioned above. Take advantage of the free trial period to navigate the software, and see if it fits your needs.