Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Another patchy performance from Microsoft

Another patchy performance from Microsoft

Au79

iTWire - Australia

.... It appears that new holes are being identified in Microsoft software
faster than the company can patch them.

<http://www.itwire.com.au/content/view/5197/53/>

http://free.thelinuxstore.ca/

Leythos

In article <_x2Bg.28319$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> iTWire - Australia
>
> ... It appears that new holes are being identified in Microsoft software
> faster than the company can patch them.

Why is that news? It's always been a large target, always been a risk,
but, depending on your network setup, the holes may not mean anything to
your computer/security.

--

(E-Mail Removed)
remove 999 in order to email me

Au79

Leythos wrote:

> In article <_x2Bg.28319$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> iTWire - Australia
>>
>> ... It appears that new holes are being identified in Microsoft software
>> faster than the company can patch them.

> Why is that news? It's always been a large target, always been a risk,
> but, depending on your network setup, the holes may not mean anything to
> your computer/security.

No, its not news. Nothing new for Microsoft to create and release shoddy
products that tend to be more of a risk than it is worth, throwing users
into an endless patch cycle.

Again, we see the redundant theme of users having to go to unnecessary
extremes just to attain the same level of security and stability that Mac
and Linux users are accustomed to.

Mac and Linux users need to patch too... but *never* to such time and
resource wasting level.

http://free.thelinuxstore.ca/

Fuzzy Logic

Au79 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:He9Bg.39849$(E-Mail Removed):

> Leythos wrote:
>
>> In article <_x2Bg.28319$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>>> iTWire - Australia
>>>
>>> ... It appears that new holes are being identified in Microsoft software
>>> faster than the company can patch them.

>> Why is that news? It's always been a large target, always been a risk,
>> but, depending on your network setup, the holes may not mean anything to
>> your computer/security.
>>

> No, its not news. Nothing new for Microsoft to create and release shoddy
> products that tend to be more of a risk than it is worth, throwing users
> into an endless patch cycle.
>
> Again, we see the redundant theme of users having to go to unnecessary
> extremes just to attain the same level of security and stability that Mac
> and Linux users are accustomed to.
>
> Mac and Linux users need to patch too... but *never* to such time and
> resource wasting level.

> http://www.vanwensveen.nl/rants/microsoft/IhateMS.html
>
> http://free.thelinuxstore.ca/

You don't like Microsoft. We get it!!! Now why not move on.