Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > HD Icon Changed in My Computer

HD Icon Changed in My Computer

Simon T

Hi
My main Hard Disk Drive icon has changed to the un associated icon.
Any ideas how i can change it back to the proper icon? The other two
drives I have in my computer have the right icons.

Windows XP Sp2

TIA

Simon T

error

Hi simon, there are some icons creators, or you can allso use "tuneup"
program,

there you have like windows design, you have there the options of
defults windows
so your all icons will be back again

Simon T wrote:
> Hi
> My main Hard Disk Drive icon has changed to the un associated icon.
> Any ideas how i can change it back to the proper icon? The other two
> drives I have in my computer have the right icons.
>
> Windows XP Sp2
>
> TIA
>
> Simon T

John Holmes

error "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> Simon T wrote:
>> Hi
>> My main Hard Disk Drive icon has changed to the un associated icon.
>> Any ideas how i can change it back to the proper icon? The other two
>> drives I have in my computer have the right icons.
>>
>> Windows XP Sp2
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Simon T

<Top-poasting corrected>

You ****ing stupid idiot.

--
Your mother was a silly druggist who visited pornographic web-sites in a
political party.

John Holmes

Simon T "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> Hi
> My main Hard Disk Drive icon has changed to the un associated icon.
> Any ideas how i can change it back to the proper icon? The other two
> drives I have in my computer have the right icons.
>
> Windows XP Sp2
>
> TIA
>
> Simon T

Ignore that fool who calls himself error. (what's in a name, DUH)
I suspect you have an autorun.inf file in the root of the drive. If it is
there, delete it.

--
Your mother was a low budget Spice Girl wannabe who designed outlandish
clothes in broom cupboards.

Larry Crites

This guy is funny!

Larry
Behold Beware Believe

"error" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi simon, there are some icons creators, or you can allso use "tuneup"
> program,
>
> there you have like windows design, you have there the options of
> defults windows
> so your all icons will be back again
>

> Simon T wrote:
>> Hi
>> My main Hard Disk Drive icon has changed to the un associated icon.
>> Any ideas how i can change it back to the proper icon? The other two
>> drives I have in my computer have the right icons.
>>
>> Windows XP Sp2
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Simon T

Simon T

John Holmes wrote:
> Simon T "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
> > Hi
> > My main Hard Disk Drive icon has changed to the un associated icon.
> > Any ideas how i can change it back to the proper icon? The other two
> > drives I have in my computer have the right icons.
> >
> > Windows XP Sp2
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Simon T
> >

> Ignore that fool who calls himself error. (what's in a name, DUH)
> I suspect you have an autorun.inf file in the root of the drive. If it is
> there, delete it.

Hi Thank you for the advice however I have checked the root of the
drive (with view all files ) and there is no autorun.inf there. Any
other thoughts?

Simon T

Stubbo_of_Oz

On 5 Aug 2006 00:34:36 -0700, "Simon T" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi
>My main Hard Disk Drive icon has changed to the un associated icon.
>Any ideas how i can change it back to the proper icon? The other two
>drives I have in my computer have the right icons.

I use "Change Icon" which is free from here:-

http://home.nordnet.fr/~pmdevigne/ChangeIcon_e.html

It puts an item into the context menu which you get when you right
click on a folder. Just select "Change Icon" from there - easy to use.

It defaults to this file that contains icons:-

C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll

There are also icons in these files:-

c:\windows\system32\pifmgr.dll
c:\WINDOWS\system32\moricons.dll