Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > roaming mouse

roaming mouse

Leo9

My mouse pointer on my screen keeps floating around and its difficult
to control. I have a Dell laptop with a touchpad, so no real mouse per
se. Sometimes its normal, sometimes its moving slowly but I can still
work, other times it just hides in the corner. If I take the computer
to another room sometimes it helps, but I can't keep doing that (I'm in
the middle of PhD exams and need to be pretty stationary). Is it an
issue of static?

Can anybody please help me??

Evan Platt

On 2 Aug 2006 14:02:48 -0700, "Leo9" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>My mouse pointer on my screen keeps floating around and its difficult
>to control. I have a Dell laptop with a touchpad, so no real mouse per
>se. Sometimes its normal, sometimes its moving slowly but I can still
>work, other times it just hides in the corner. If I take the computer
>to another room sometimes it helps, but I can't keep doing that (I'm in
>the middle of PhD exams and need to be pretty stationary). Is it an
>issue of static?

How old is the laptop? I had that issue with an acer notebook eons
ago.

Leo9

Almost 6 years old...what did you do with yours?

Evan Platt wrote:
> On 2 Aug 2006 14:02:48 -0700, "Leo9" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >My mouse pointer on my screen keeps floating around and its difficult
> >to control. I have a Dell laptop with a touchpad, so no real mouse per
> >se. Sometimes its normal, sometimes its moving slowly but I can still
> >work, other times it just hides in the corner. If I take the computer
> >to another room sometimes it helps, but I can't keep doing that (I'm in
> >the middle of PhD exams and need to be pretty stationary). Is it an
> >issue of static?

> How old is the laptop? I had that issue with an acer notebook eons
> ago.

Evan Platt

On 2 Aug 2006 14:07:07 -0700, "Leo9" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Almost 6 years old...what did you do with yours?

Trashed it. Had too many problems. 6 years old? That's pushing it for
a laptop

Michael

"Leo9" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Almost 6 years old...what did you do with yours?
>
> Evan Platt wrote:
>> On 2 Aug 2006 14:02:48 -0700, "Leo9" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >My mouse pointer on my screen keeps floating around and its difficult
>> >to control. I have a Dell laptop with a touchpad, so no real mouse per
>> >se. Sometimes its normal, sometimes its moving slowly but I can still
>> >work, other times it just hides in the corner. If I take the computer
>> >to another room sometimes it helps, but I can't keep doing that (I'm in
>> >the middle of PhD exams and need to be pretty stationary). Is it an
>> >issue of static?

>> How old is the laptop? I had that issue with an acer notebook eons
>> ago.

I've got/had the same problem with my laptop, a dell latitude IIRC. For me a
whack from the sides sorts it out

Michael

Dirk

Evan Platt wrote:
> On 2 Aug 2006 14:02:48 -0700, "Leo9" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >My mouse pointer on my screen keeps floating around and its difficult
> >to control. I have a Dell laptop with a touchpad, so no real mouse per
> >se. Sometimes its normal, sometimes its moving slowly but I can still
> >work, other times it just hides in the corner. If I take the computer
> >to another room sometimes it helps, but I can't keep doing that (I'm in
> >the middle of PhD exams and need to be pretty stationary). Is it an
> >issue of static?

> How old is the laptop? I had that issue with an acer notebook eons
> ago.

I have the same problem with my inspiron, trust me it will get worse.
The problem is that your touchpad is failing and it is conflicting with
your mouse, you need to go in the bios and change the setting for just
a mouse not mouse/pad.

Roaming Problems RogerC Wireless Networking 1 11-01-2006 06:38 PM
Roaming mouse Mike Computer Support 9 05-12-2005 01:58 AM
Doesn't anyone Know anything about roaming? RogerC Wireless Networking 14 11-19-2004 09:54 AM
WDS and AP roaming =?Utf-8?B?Uml0Y2hpZSBIb3V0bWV5ZXJz?= Wireless Networking 2 08-14-2004 06:27 PM

Advertisments