Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > looks like easy question....

looks like easy question....

MS

Its looks like easy question for MCSE: How to configure
IE5.5 browser use two or more proxy
servers ???

Herb Martin

The only way that I know to do this is to use Group Policies
linked to Sites.

Presumably you wish to configure more than one Proxy since
the machine will be in different locations.

The other choice (that comes close) is to have the machine discover
the Proxy it is supposed to use.

--
Herb Martin
"MS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0cfe01c3a394$04091fe0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Its looks like easy question for MCSE: How to configure
> IE5.5 browser use two or more proxy
> servers ???

Thanks for this answer, but this solution can't help me.
I need to use 2 proxy servers at same time, if i wanna
open www.microsoft.com, client browser connects to
first.proxy.com:8000 and then this server connects to
second.proxy.com:80.
Looks like
PC>first.proxy.com>second.proxy.com>www.mirosoft.com
I need to configure this without changig proxy SERVER
settings.

Jeremy

You would change the settings on first.proxy.com to use second.proxy.com.
IE can only talk to one proxy. If your trying to share bandwidth I'd
recommend a proxy server with load balancing. third.proxy.com delegates
traffic to first or second depending on traffic, available bandwidth and ACL
settings.

--

Jeremy Kettelhohn

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0f0301c3a3a7$66742720$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for this answer, but this solution can't help me.
> I need to use 2 proxy servers at same time, if i wanna
> open www.microsoft.com, client browser connects to
> first.proxy.com:8000 and then this server connects to
> second.proxy.com:80.
> Looks like
> PC>first.proxy.com>second.proxy.com>www.mirosoft.com
> I need to configure this without changig proxy SERVER
> settings.

Karl \Johnno\ Gustaf

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0f0301c3a3a7$66742720$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for this answer, but this solution can't help me.
> I need to use 2 proxy servers at same time, if i wanna
> open www.microsoft.com, client browser connects to
> first.proxy.com:8000 and then this server connects to
> second.proxy.com:80.
> Looks like
> PC>first.proxy.com>second.proxy.com>www.mirosoft.com
> I need to configure this without changig proxy SERVER

You would only need the client to connect to the first proxy, so your client
settings would show only that. You would configure proxy1 to foward to
proxy2.

Are you talking about having a DMZ?

Herb Martin

> Thanks for this answer, but this solution can't help me.
> I need to use 2 proxy servers at same time, if i wanna
> open www.microsoft.com, client browser connects to
> first.proxy.com:8000 and then this server connects to
> second.proxy.com:80.
> Looks like
> PC>first.proxy.com>second.proxy.com>www.mirosoft.com
> I need to configure this without changig proxy SERVER
> settings.

That is a different question than you originally asked....

In this case the "clients" only know abou the first Proxy and then
that Proxy CHAINS to (becomes a client of) the Second Proxy.

It's called 'chaining' or 'proxy chaining' and should work just fine with
MS Proxy (ISA) but you will have to test.

--
Herb Martin