Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > PC ANGEL?

PC ANGEL?

its_my_dime

My new laptop has a HD partition "D" that is "locked" by PC Angel, according
to Windows Explorer. That partiion seems to have certain recovery
information.

What is PC Angel? How can I, if I want to, access the "D" partition to
update software or drivers?

Thank you.

old man

So you purchased a new laptop and havent read the bumph?
The hidden recovery partition is what you use to restore your PC to factory
settings, when you screw it up, and no you cannot update anything on this
recovery partion

"its_my_dime" <(E-Mail Removed) (hold the .spam)> wrote in message
news_Qzg.5902$(E-Mail Removed)-nyc.rr.com...
> My new laptop has a HD partition "D" that is "locked" by PC Angel,

according
> to Windows Explorer. That partiion seems to have certain recovery
> information.
>
> What is PC Angel? How can I, if I want to, access the "D" partition to
> update software or drivers?
>
> Thank you.

Toolman Tim

old man wrote:
> So you purchased a new laptop and havent read the bumph?
> The hidden recovery partition is what you use to restore your PC to
> factory settings, when you screw it up, and no you cannot update
> anything on this recovery partion

I should hope not - it would kind of blow off the whole idea, wouldn't it
<g>

> "its_my_dime" <(E-Mail Removed) (hold the .spam)> wrote in
> message news_Qzg.5902$(E-Mail Removed)-nyc.rr.com...
>> My new laptop has a HD partition "D" that is "locked" by PC Angel,
>> according to Windows Explorer. That partiion seems to have certain
>> recovery information.
>>
>> What is PC Angel? How can I, if I want to, access the "D" partition
>> to update software or drivers?
>>
>> Thank you.

Jimchip

On 2006-08-01, its_my_dime <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> My new laptop has a HD partition "D" that is "locked" by PC Angel, according
> to Windows Explorer. That partiion seems to have certain recovery
> information.
>
> What is PC Angel? How can I, if I want to, access the "D" partition to
> update software or drivers?

If it's like a lot of new computers then that D partition is placed
there by the vendor. You should make the recovery disks that you'll need
before you do anything else. I just kept my locked D: because I didn't
need the space and it makes things easier to recover. YMMV.

Make all of the backup and/or recovery disks that the vendor says to in
the manual before you fool with D:\. Also, it is sorta locked so you
won't be updating that at all. It is the OS and utilities that ship with
your computer. Any updated software or drivers will go directly on the
C:\ drive so you may wish to save those as you go or at least bookmark
sites you you can get them again in case of a failure. Or use some
backup utility that is pre-installed or 3rd party.

> Thank you.

YW.

--
A language that doesn't have everything is actually easier to program
in than some that do. -- Dennis M. Ritchie