Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Cannot network 2 computers together!

Cannot network 2 computers together!

=?Utf-8?B?Uy4gRGF5?=

Have: Desktop computer, windows XP SP2, Notebook, Winows XP pro, SP2. DSL
modem with wireless gateway. Ethernet connection for desktop, wireless for
notebook. Both can connect to internet, but not each other. Need FAQ or
referral to more info to accomplish this, have tried off and on for a week!

=?Utf-8?B?TGVlQw==?=

I am in exactly the same position - I have got pretty close to having it all
work OK. I now have two networks - with one computer in each - can't get
both of them on the same network. Will post if I get any success, please do
the same. Good luck.

"S. Day" wrote:

> Have: Desktop computer, windows XP SP2, Notebook, Winows XP pro, SP2. DSL
> modem with wireless gateway. Ethernet connection for desktop, wireless for
> notebook. Both can connect to internet, but not each other. Need FAQ or
> referral to more info to accomplish this, have tried off and on for a week!

Warren Bryant

Are both computers under the Microsoft Windows Network and listed in the
same domain (found in Network Places->Entire Network)?