Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Male Kitty

Male Kitty

Plato

My daughter found a kitten on her boyfriends porch and brought it home.
I insisted that she could only bring it home if it was a female but
alas, it turned out to be a male. My question is:

Yes I know male cats are born to spray. In your experience does
neutering them take away the urge to spray or does neutering sometimes
work and sometimes not work.

I never had to get this done so I was wondering if it was worth the
cost, or should the cat be kept outside 24/7?

Frosty

On or about 26 Jul 2006 22:15:03 -0500, an entity identified as Plato
<|@|.|> proudly proclaimed:

>My daughter found a kitten on her boyfriends porch and brought it home.
>I insisted that she could only bring it home if it was a female but
>alas, it turned out to be a male. My question is:
>
>Yes I know male cats are born to spray. In your experience does
>neutering them take away the urge to spray or does neutering sometimes
>work and sometimes not work.
>
>I never had to get this done so I was wondering if it was worth the
>cost, or should the cat be kept outside 24/7?

Denut the tom before puberty & he'll not spray.
BTW, fixing a tom is SO much easier & cheaper than the other.

Blinky the Shark

Frosty wrote:

> BTW, fixing a tom is SO much easier & cheaper than the other.

Sure is. You can DIY, if you have a friend to hold him down...

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Rhonda Lea Kirk

Plato wrote:
> My daughter found a kitten on her boyfriends porch and brought it
> home. I insisted that she could only bring it home if it was a female
> but alas, it turned out to be a male. My question is:
>
> Yes I know male cats are born to spray. In your experience does
> neutering them take away the urge to spray or does neutering sometimes
> work and sometimes not work.
>
> I never had to get this done so I was wondering if it was worth the
> cost, or should the cat be kept outside 24/7?

Do not fail to fix the cat.

You will shorten his lifespan by quite a lot if you don't have him
neutered, and if you keep him outside, without neutering him, you will
have vet bills every time he gets into a fight.

The operation, I believe, is best done around five months or so. If you
have it done as soon as the vet says it's okay, the cat will never
spray. If you don't, he's going to spray outside, on the house and
anything else he deems his territory. You will therefore have cat ****
to contend with no matter what, and it's no more pleasant on your car
tires than it is on your sofa.

It's very cheap to neuter a male, and you will be repaid many times over
if you get it done.

Finally, just so you're aware, spayed female cats also spray at times,
just like unneutered males. So you're probably better off with the male
anyway.

--
Rhonda Lea Kirk

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign,
that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. Jonathan Swift

Blinky the Shark

Rhonda Lea Kirk wrote:

> Do not fail to fix the cat.

The cat is fine. Do no fail to *break* the cat.

--

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>Frosty wrote:
|>
|>> BTW, fixing a tom is SO much easier & cheaper than the other.

|>Sure is. You can DIY, if you have a friend to hold him down...

Had a cat whose tail got caught in a door and was rotting.

We gave it 10mg of Valium, which apparently has no effect on a cat.

So while it was alert we chop'd the tail off with a meat cleaver. One
holding and screaming thru the process (took two hacks).

--
XP on a USB pen drive
http://tomshardware.co.uk/2005/09/09...n_your_pocket/

Blinky the Shark

> Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>|>Sure is. You can DIY, if you have a friend to hold him down...
>
> Had a cat whose tail got caught in a door and was rotting.
>
> We gave it 10mg of Valium, which apparently has no effect on a cat.
>
> So while it was alert we chop'd the tail off with a meat cleaver. One
> holding and screaming thru the process (took two hacks).

Know what the worst part is? "took two hacks". Yow.

--

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> Rhonda Lea Kirk wrote:
>
>> Do not fail to fix the cat.

> The cat is fine. Do no fail to *break* the cat.

An unaltered male is not fine. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

<gd&r>

--
Rhonda Lea Kirk

Men are like cats.
Can't live with 'em, and the pelt's too thin for a rug.

pcbutts1

How would like it if somebody cut off your balls and you had no say-so what
so ever, it's cruel. That said my husbands cat is neutered and it still
tries to spray but nothing comes out, poor thing.

"Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
news:44c82f62$0$439$(E-Mail Removed)...
> My daughter found a kitten on her boyfriends porch and brought it home.
> I insisted that she could only bring it home if it was a female but
> alas, it turned out to be a male. My question is:
>
> Yes I know male cats are born to spray. In your experience does
> neutering them take away the urge to spray or does neutering sometimes
> work and sometimes not work.
>
> I never had to get this done so I was wondering if it was worth the
> cost, or should the cat be kept outside 24/7?

Jimchip

On 2006-07-27, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:
> My daughter found a kitten on her boyfriends porch and brought it home.
> I insisted that she could only bring it home if it was a female but
> alas, it turned out to be a male. My question is:
> Yes I know male cats are born to spray. In your experience does
> neutering them take away the urge to spray or does neutering sometimes
> work and sometimes not work.

Neutering makes them...neuter. Cat's seem to **** wherever they damned
well please but can be trained to use a litter box. The recommendation
for a single cat is to have two litter boxes. For 2 cats one can get by
with 3 litter boxes.

Females would have to be neutered unless you like kittens or you really
like the sounds they make when they're in heat. Female cats in heat
sound just a little better than trolls whining because they have been
binned.

> I never had to get this done so I was wondering if it was worth the
> cost, or should the cat be kept outside 24/7?

If you are taking custody of the cat then you should have it neutered.
There are enough cat's in the world already and your Frisky shouldn't be
out catting around making more. If Frisky is some "rare breed" then
Frisky wouldn't be out at all.

You should also make sure that Frisky has shots etc. If it's not worth
the cost then you shouldn't own the pet. Other's might want Frisky so
there are ways to adopt the cat away. A good initial check-up, shots and
fixin' costs initially but all of that lasts along time and prevents
more potentially costly problems.

--
"If you took everyone who's ever been to a Dead show, and lined them up,
they'd stretch halfway to the moon and back...