Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Factory 002 write error when running full restore. Possibly out of disk space

Factory 002 write error when running full restore. Possibly out of disk space

smithsfallsbuilding@yahoo.com

I have a compaq presario 5710 (for quite some years). I had the
following problem when using the Restore CDs to do a full restore back
to manufacturer's original.

Factory 002 48829kB Write error. Possibly out of disk space. Abort,
Retry Ignore.

Both Retry and Ignore will not work.

Shall I delete some spaces first or maybe the CDs are corrupted. I have
windows 98SE.

Toolman Tim

> i ****ed your mom and so you were out.

"Please don't feed the trolls"

James L. Liles

On 26 Jul 2006 18:30:26 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

:->I have a compaq presario 5710 (for quite some years). I had the
:->following problem when using the Restore CDs to do a full restore back
:->to manufacturer's original.
:->
:->Factory 002 48829kB Write error. Possibly out of disk space. Abort,
:->Retry Ignore.
:->
:->Both Retry and Ignore will not work.
:->
:->
:->Shall I delete some spaces first or maybe the CDs are corrupted. I have
:->windows 98SE.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c00007691

Judging by the Compaq web site, this should be clearing your hard
drive prior to the restore.

Have you changed the hard drive or the partitions?

The quick restore might expect the hard drive to have the same total
space it had when it was shipped.

--

I hope that this helps.

To reply by E-mail, just click reply.

Nicholas D Richards

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, James L. Liles
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>On 26 Jul 2006 18:30:26 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>:->I have a compaq presario 5710 (for quite some years). I had the
>:->following problem when using the Restore CDs to do a full restore back
>:->to manufacturer's original.
>:->
>:->Factory 002 48829kB Write error. Possibly out of disk space. Abort,
>:->Retry Ignore.
>:->
>:->Both Retry and Ignore will not work.
>:->
>:->
>:->Shall I delete some spaces first or maybe the CDs are corrupted. I have
>:->windows 98SE.
>
>http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...duct=93569&des
>t_page=product&docname=c00007691
>
>Judging by the Compaq web site, this should be clearing your hard
>drive prior to the restore.
>
>Have you changed the hard drive or the partitions?
>
>The quick restore might expect the hard drive to have the same total
>space it had when it was shipped.

Two other possibilities:

If virus protection is set in the BIOS (if that option is available),
unset virus protection.

Have you set a password for entering the BIOS setup and/or a power on
password. These can give the appearance of a disk drive problem.
Remove BIOS setup and power on passwords.
--
Nicholas David Richards -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"