Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > NTLDR IS MISSING

NTLDR IS MISSING

Michael

HELP PLEASE MY LAPTOP HAS DEVELOPED THIS ERROR AT BOOTUP.

mike

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Michael" <pel@> wrote:

|>HELP PLEASE MY LAPTOP HAS DEVELOPED THIS ERROR AT BOOTUP.

XP assume'd NT/W2K similar.

boot up with your XP CD and enter the recovery console
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314058/

At the prompt type FIXBOOT
This will verify your Boot.ini file is right.

--
"The blast blasted blubber beyond all believable bounds"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qrmV...ale%20dynamite

beenthere

"Michael" <pel@> wrote in message
news:44c7bc4e$0$22134$(E-Mail Removed)...
> HELP PLEASE MY LAPTOP HAS DEVELOPED THIS ERROR AT BOOTUP.
>
> mike

Stick your XP CD in, and do a System Repair.

Toolman Tim

beenthere wrote:
> "Michael" <pel@> wrote in message
> news:44c7bc4e$0$22134$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> HELP PLEASE MY LAPTOP HAS DEVELOPED THIS ERROR AT BOOTUP.
>>
>> mike

> Stick your XP CD in, and do a System Repair.

Before doing that, I'd suggest running the Recovery Console and execute
chkdsk /f.

And Pennywise's suggestion for FIXBOOT is good too.

If that doesn't work, I'd go back into the Recovery Console and copying the
NTLDR file from the CD (\I386\ntldr) to the C:\ folder.

Still not working? Here's an interesting web site:
http://www.tinyempire.com/shortnotes...dr_missing.htm

If that still doesn't work, then I'd do the system repair. After a system
repair, all Windows Updates have to be reinstalled.