Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Video and audio

Video and audio

>=Paul=

I really have a problem with formats. I dl a avi and I can see it but
no sound; or I can hear it and no video. I am at a lost as to what
codecs to get from what seems to be a wide selection.

Can't I just get a few viewers that will work with most anything and
that have the codecs built in?

Is there a pack of codecs that I can install at one time?

Greatly appreciate your help.

Mr BillyB

">=Paul=<" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I really have a problem with formats. I dl a avi and I can see it but
> no sound; or I can hear it and no video. I am at a lost as to what
> codecs to get from what seems to be a wide selection.
>
> Can't I just get a few viewers that will work with most anything and
> that have the codecs built in?
>
> Is there a pack of codecs that I can install at one time?
>
> Greatly appreciate your help.

"Codec packs" can cause more problems than they solve,
see here for full guides: http://www.videohelp.com/

For your problem, download the G-spot codec identifier.
this will identify what/how compression was used on
any file, and identify what codecs are required etc
http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

>=Paul=

Thank you.

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 17:23:46 +0100,
"Mr BillyB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>">=Paul=<" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>I really have a problem with formats. I dl a avi and I can see it but
>> no sound; or I can hear it and no video. I am at a lost as to what
>> codecs to get from what seems to be a wide selection.
>>
>> Can't I just get a few viewers that will work with most anything and
>> that have the codecs built in?
>>
>> Is there a pack of codecs that I can install at one time?
>>
>> Greatly appreciate your help.

>"Codec packs" can cause more problems than they solve,
>see here for full guides: http://www.videohelp.com/
>
>For your problem, download the G-spot codec identifier.
>this will identify what/how compression was used on
>any file, and identify what codecs are required etc
>http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

RI_Geek

Try doing a search on K-Lite Mega Codec Pack or klmcodec152.exe. Free
and has just about every codec you will ever need...