Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > A-Squared and BPS false alarm?

A-Squared and BPS false alarm?

ellis_jay

I updated and ran A-squared today and it found trace spyware BPS-which I
believe is Bulletproof Spyware. A-Squared reports the location in the
registtry as HKLM/software/microsoft/windows/currentversion/shared dll.s as
XCEEDCRY.dll.

After Googling it seems that XCEEDCRY.dll is a legitimate dll. I also
found at Google that BPS is -or was-being sued by the SPybot Search adn
Destroy folks for some kind of theft. My question is-has A-Squared produced
a false positive? I have never used BPS as far as I know-even in any free
on line scanner.

I have not deleted the registry entry XCEEDCRY.dll-----maybe later if it is
necessary.

tia