Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > uninstall bearshare, how?

uninstall bearshare, how?

Mad Dog

I can not uninstall bearshare I go to remove programs but it will not work
what can I do as the sight of that bear with the headphones icon is driving
me mad.

--
"If you don't mark both posts at a corner then you will risk conceding a
goal".

Evan Platt

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 22:36:54 GMT, "Mad Dog" <@hotcat.co.uk> wrote:

>I can not uninstall bearshare I go to remove programs but it will not work
>what can I do as the sight of that bear with the headphones icon is driving
>me mad.

Umm.. Ok... what happens when you go to remove programs? Do you get an
error message?

Mad Dog

Evan Platt wrote:
|| On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 22:36:54 GMT, "Mad Dog" <@hotcat.co.uk> wrote:
||| I can not uninstall bearshare I go to remove programs but it will
||| not work what can I do as the sight of that bear with the
||| headphones icon is driving me mad.
|| Umm.. Ok... what happens when you go to remove programs? Do you get
|| an error message?

It says it will not uninstall

Gary G. Taylor

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 01:17:54 +0000, wrote:

> Evan Platt wrote:
> || Umm.. Ok... what happens when you go to remove programs? Do you get
> || an error message?
>
> It says it will not uninstall

Uh-huh. What is the PRECISE error message? Copy it and paste it in to a
reply.

--
Gary G. Taylor * Pomona, CA * 34.074N 117.754W
gary [] donavan [] org * http://www [] donavan [] org

Mad Dog

Gary G. Taylor wrote:
||| It says it will not uninstall
|| Uh-huh. What is the PRECISE error message? Copy it and paste it in
|| to a reply.
|| --
|| Gary G. Taylor * Pomona, CA * 34.074N 117.754W
|| gary [] donavan [] org * http://www [] donavan [] org
|| "The two most abundant substance in the Universe are hydrogen
|| and stupidity." --Frank Zappa, R.A. Heinlein and many others

"Could not open uninstall log file."

--

Mad Dog wrote:
||Wise uninstall
"Could not open uninstall log file."
|| --
|| "If you don't mark both posts at a corner then you will risk
|| conceding a goal".
|| Andy Gray.

Meat Plow

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 07:29:58 +0000, wrote:

> Subject: Re: uninstall bearshare, how?
> From: "Mad Dog" <@hotcat.co.uk>
> Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
> Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 07:29:58 GMT
>

> Gary G. Taylor wrote:
> || Uh-huh. What is the PRECISE error message? Copy it and paste it in to a
> || reply.
> || --
> || Gary G. Taylor * Pomona, CA * 34.074°N 117.754°W gary [] donavan []
> || org * http://www [] donavan [] org "The two most abundant substance in
> || the Universe are hydrogen and stupidity." --Frank Zappa, R.A. Heinlein
> || and many others
>
> "Could not open uninstall log file."

It would seem that you've deleted its directory before you tried to
uninstall it. If that's the case, try reinstalling it then uninstalling it
correctly.

--
COOSN-266-06-25794