Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Problem Viewing Certain Websites

Problem Viewing Certain Websites

douglas@lineberry.net

I'm having a problem viewing certain web sites, two in particular. One
of them is my own office (our IP address, Outlook Web Access, etc.),
and the other is a web site that I have an account with. The other
night I was logged on to both sites (each was open in a separate IE6
browser). I completed a form on the other site and submitted it and
got locked out of both sites. That problem has persisted.

Now, if I try to get into either site, I get a message that says "The
page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might
be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your
browser settings." The message is followed by several suggestions
(checking connection settings, security strength and security options
on the Internet Options tab). I surfed around and also found
discussions on my network adapters MTU settings (which I adjusted to no
avail), fiddling with ipconfig commands, and turning off the DNS Client
service. I also specifically listed both of these sites as "Trusted
Sites" in the internet options. None of this has worked.

What strikes me as unusual about the problem (compared to other things
I have read) is that both sites require me to log on, I was connected
to both sites at the same time without problem, and now I cannot
connect to either of them. I can log on to other sites that I have
accounts with, so I don't see that specifically as the problem.

Anyone have an idea? Thanks.

Fou

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I'm having a problem viewing certain web sites, two in particular. One
> of them is my own office (our IP address, Outlook Web Access, etc.),
> and the other is a web site that I have an account with. The other
> night I was logged on to both sites (each was open in a separate IE6
> browser). I completed a form on the other site and submitted it and
> got locked out of both sites. That problem has persisted.
>
> Now, if I try to get into either site, I get a message that says "The
> page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might
> be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your
> browser settings." The message is followed by several suggestions
> (checking connection settings, security strength and security options
> on the Internet Options tab). I surfed around and also found
> discussions on my network adapters MTU settings (which I adjusted to no
> avail), fiddling with ipconfig commands, and turning off the DNS Client
> service. I also specifically listed both of these sites as "Trusted
> Sites" in the internet options. None of this has worked.
>
> What strikes me as unusual about the problem (compared to other things
> I have read) is that both sites require me to log on, I was connected
> to both sites at the same time without problem, and now I cannot
> connect to either of them. I can log on to other sites that I have
> accounts with, so I don't see that specifically as the problem.
>
> Anyone have an idea? Thanks.

Are the IE6s on separate computers? I've never done anything like you
describe but I might help. Can you furnish the website url?