Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > adobe reader 6.0 and printing

adobe reader 6.0 and printing

mike

hi,

i'm using adobe 6.0 and a canon pixma 780 printer.

when i try to print from a pdf using adobe 6.0 the top, bottom and sides of
page are cut off. i have tried "fit to page" to no avail and also tried
shrinking the text size from 100% to 75% and below. that doesn't work
either.

very frustrating to say nothing of wasting ink and paper.

i tried a goog group search for an answer but must not be using the right
keywords.

how can i fit the complete page so i can print it?

thanks,

mike

Mike Easter

mike wrote:

> i'm using adobe 6.0 and a canon pixma 780 printer.

And your operating system is some Win or another unstated.

> when i try to print from a pdf using adobe 6.0 the top, bottom and
> sides of page are cut off. i have tried "fit to page" to no avail and
> also tried shrinking the text size from 100% to 75% and below. that
> doesn't work either.

That text size shrinking you are describing is for viewing purposes, not
printing. That doesn't do anything about your problem.

That printing business is handled by the printer driver for your
unidentified Win in conjuction with Adobe's print function. The printer
drivers for the Pixma MP780 for various versions of Win and Mac can be
seen here http://alpha02u.c-wss.com/inc/ApplServlet?SV=WWUCA900 along
with some other Canon free software for different Wins from 9x-2k-xp.

> how can i fit the complete page so i can print it?

Make sure that your printer's software is correctly configured for your
paper so that it isn't trying to print to A4 instead of 8.5x11 letter vs
legal or vice versa.

Adobe's document properties tells you what paper size is configured.
When you use your print function, you get a preview of the result, and
you should be previewing based on the document's papersize. You can
configure to change to 'choose paper size by pdf size' and you can also
ask adobe for printing tips and you can also choose to print to scale to
fit to paper or to shrink large pages.

--
Mike Easter

Mellowed

My PDF printing problems disappeared when I started using Foxit.
http://www.foxitsoftware.com/

It's free so it's worth a try.

"mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsqQwg.71281$(E-Mail Removed). com...
: hi,
:
[...]

thanks, mike,

got it printing fine now.

mike

news:44c3daa4$0$17977$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
> mike wrote:
>
>> i'm using adobe 6.0 and a canon pixma 780 printer.

> And your operating system is some Win or another unstated.
>
>> when i try to print from a pdf using adobe 6.0 the top, bottom and
>> sides of page are cut off. i have tried "fit to page" to no avail and
>> also tried shrinking the text size from 100% to 75% and below. that
>> doesn't work either.

> That text size shrinking you are describing is for viewing purposes, not
> printing. That doesn't do anything about your problem.
>
> That printing business is handled by the printer driver for your
> unidentified Win in conjuction with Adobe's print function. The printer
> drivers for the Pixma MP780 for various versions of Win and Mac can be
> seen here http://alpha02u.c-wss.com/inc/ApplServlet?SV=WWUCA900 along
> with some other Canon free software for different Wins from 9x-2k-xp.
>
>> how can i fit the complete page so i can print it?

> Make sure that your printer's software is correctly configured for your
> paper so that it isn't trying to print to A4 instead of 8.5x11 letter vs
> legal or vice versa.
>
> Adobe's document properties tells you what paper size is configured.
> When you use your print function, you get a preview of the result, and
> you should be previewing based on the document's papersize. You can
> configure to change to 'choose paper size by pdf size' and you can also
> ask adobe for printing tips and you can also choose to print to scale to
> fit to paper or to shrink large pages.
>

> --
> Mike Easter

Mike Easter