Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Adobe Audition 2.0 hiccup during record process

Adobe Audition 2.0 hiccup during record process

joewo

Hi there

I have Adobe Audition 2.0 and it seems to have a consistent hiccup
during the initial recording process. It seems to occur EVERY time i
record at 2:30 to 2:45 into the record process.

i record as a WAV file at 44100 stereo 16 bit. i have the cache set
in Audition to 32 megs.i have win xp on a 2.4 ghz chip with 512 ram.
i have turned off all other programs when i try to record and i went
into startup and turned off all of the unneeded programs there as
well.

as i record the process goes along just fine until i get to 2:30 to
2:45 when there is an audible hiccup for about 1/2 a second where it
actually stops recording and then it immediately picks up recording
after the hiccup. so during the hiccup the system misses that 1/2
second of audio that is being fed to it....so the audio being fed to
the computer for that 1/2 second is not recorded in the resulting
audio track. when i look at the wave form visually there is the
hiccup of just dead air which matches the audio output. this hapens
every time at 2:30 to 2:45.

i changed the cache to 1 meg for grins and it happened at the same
time again.

i tried to watch the CPU in TaskManager and it seems to be going along
at about 35% without change during the whole thing.

i am wondering if the visual audio wave form could be causing this?

any ideas?
Thanks!

doS

try Tums

"joewo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there
>
> I have Adobe Audition 2.0 and it seems to have a consistent hiccup
> during the initial recording process. It seems to occur EVERY time i
> record at 2:30 to 2:45 into the record process.
>
> i record as a WAV file at 44100 stereo 16 bit. i have the cache set
> in Audition to 32 megs.i have win xp on a 2.4 ghz chip with 512 ram.
> i have turned off all other programs when i try to record and i went
> into startup and turned off all of the unneeded programs there as
> well.
>
> as i record the process goes along just fine until i get to 2:30 to
> 2:45 when there is an audible hiccup for about 1/2 a second where it
> actually stops recording and then it immediately picks up recording
> after the hiccup. so during the hiccup the system misses that 1/2
> second of audio that is being fed to it....so the audio being fed to
> the computer for that 1/2 second is not recorded in the resulting
> audio track. when i look at the wave form visually there is the
> hiccup of just dead air which matches the audio output. this hapens
> every time at 2:30 to 2:45.
>
> i changed the cache to 1 meg for grins and it happened at the same
> time again.
>
> i tried to watch the CPU in TaskManager and it seems to be going along
> at about 35% without change during the whole thing.
>
> i am wondering if the visual audio wave form could be causing this?
>
> any ideas?
> Thanks!

Toolman Tim

doS wrote:
> try Tums

Back about 25 years ago when I was working at a local diner, I had a very
nice Mexican lady teach me how to get rid of hiccups. You know those little
sugar packets in the restaurants that holds about a teaspoon? Swallow the
contents dry. Of course, a spoonful from the kitchen does the same thing.
It's never failed me yet.

don ward

It sounds to me like the buffer empties out and the pause is time it
takes to refill from the hd.
I would suggest a slower recording speed if these are music tracks try
setting the record speed to max of 8/12X see if any thing changes
I am running a pent 4@ 2.4 mhz with i gig or ram and burn at 12X for
music never have a hic-up

dnw