Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Yahoo UK mail and most of web site down?

Yahoo UK mail and most of web site down?

Gordon

Can anyone get email (both in POP and web) and surf the *UK* Yahoo site
properly?
And does anyone have a url to report this, 'cos I'm damned if /I/ can find
one.....

emmalouise99@yahoo.co.uk

Glad it's not just me then - my husband can get in to his (U.S.)
account but my attempts to connect to the UK one have yielded sweet FA
- and no, no "report an issue" url that I can see.
Gordon wrote:

> Can anyone get email (both in POP and web) and surf the *UK* Yahoo site
> properly?
> And does anyone have a url to report this, 'cos I'm damned if /I/ can find
> one.....

Margolotta

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 19:09:41 +0100, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote
(in article <(E-Mail Removed). com>):
> Gordon wrote:

> Can anyone get email (both in POP and web) and surf the *UK* Yahoo site
> properly?
> And does anyone have a url to report this, 'cos I'm damned if /I/ can find
> one.....
>

>> Glad it's not just me then - my husband can get in to his (U.S.)
>> account but my attempts to connect to the UK one have yielded sweet FA
>> - and no, no "report an issue" url that I can see.

[Top-posting corrected. Please *DO NOT* top post, it breaks the continuity
and flow of the thread. Thank you]

The Yahoo UK site loads just fine here (using both Safari and Firefox on a
Power Mac G5). A little slow to load, maybe, and the graphics don't all seem
to want to load, but it *does* work.

Whiskers

On 2006-07-23, (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Glad it's not just me then - my husband can get in to his (U.S.)
> account but my attempts to connect to the UK one have yielded sweet FA
> - and no, no "report an issue" url that I can see.
> Gordon wrote:
>
>> Can anyone get email (both in POP and web) and surf the *UK* Yahoo site
>> properly?
>> And does anyone have a url to report this, 'cos I'm damned if /I/ can find
>> one.....

Could be part of the power cut that hit parts of central London earlier
today; my 'BTInternet' email address was unreachable for a while.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Kevin

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 18:36:36 +0100, "Gordon"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Can anyone get email (both in POP and web) and surf the *UK* Yahoo site
>properly?

I still can't access my email, either POP or web. It's been like this
for some hours now.

--
Kevin

Gordon

"Margolotta" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) s-media.phx...
> On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 19:09:41 +0100, (E-Mail Removed) wrote
> (in article <(E-Mail Removed). com>):
>> Gordon wrote:

>> Can anyone get email (both in POP and web) and surf the *UK* Yahoo site
>> properly?
>> And does anyone have a url to report this, 'cos I'm damned if /I/ can
>> find
>> one.....
>>

>>> Glad it's not just me then - my husband can get in to his (U.S.)
>>> account but my attempts to connect to the UK one have yielded sweet FA
>>> - and no, no "report an issue" url that I can see.

> [Top-posting corrected. Please *DO NOT* top post, it breaks the continuity
> and flow of the thread. Thank you]
>
> The Yahoo UK site loads just fine here (using both Safari and Firefox on a
> Power Mac G5). A little slow to load, maybe, and the graphics don't all
> seem
> to want to load, but it *does* work.

I can get into the Home page OK and the Help pages, but Mail is definitely a
no no and one or two other pages also give a time-out.....

Ivan the Spy

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone get email (both in POP and web) and surf the *UK* Yahoo site
> properly?
> And does anyone have a url to report this, 'cos I'm damned if /I/ can find
> one.....

Same problems here (Lincoln UK) since lunchtime today, Yahoo browser opens
but no mail and no personal browser front page........Personal page is now
back as of 8pm but no mail page yet.
I have tabs on my browser for my bank and Google search and these have
worked ok all day, so it must be a problem with Yahoo only.

doobydoobydo

"Ivan the Spy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Gordon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Can anyone get email (both in POP and web) and surf the *UK* Yahoo site
>> properly?
>> And does anyone have a url to report this, 'cos I'm damned if /I/ can
>> find one.....

> Same problems here (Lincoln UK) since lunchtime today, Yahoo browser opens
> but no mail and no personal browser front page........Personal page is now
> back as of 8pm but no mail page yet.
> I have tabs on my browser for my bank and Google search and these have
> worked ok all day, so it must be a problem with Yahoo only.

Try clicking the red Y! yahoo on the toolbar. Goes to a yahoo page with
mail link on right which seems to work. Haven't used this button for ages
so don't know if the mail link has always been there or not. Page looks
different to what I remember.