Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Error message when trying to access Yahoo mail

Error message when trying to access Yahoo mail

MaryL

I have two Yahoo mail accounts. One opens without any problems. For the
last 2 or 3 days, every attempt to open the second mail account causes an
error message which says cannot find server. However, I can access Yahoo
Groups from the same computer and using the same login information. Does
anyone have any suggestions about what could cause the problem and how I can
work around it? I also cannot figure out any way to send a direct message
to Yahoo about the problem. I have numerous messages in that account that I
need, and I am expecting several more.

Thanks,
MaryL

buttonbrn

MaryL wrote:
> I have two Yahoo mail accounts. One opens without any problems. For the
> last 2 or 3 days, every attempt to open the second mail account causes an
> error message which says cannot find server. However, I can access Yahoo
> Groups from the same computer and using the same login information. Does
> anyone have any suggestions about what could cause the problem and how I can
> work around it? I also cannot figure out any way to send a direct message
> to Yahoo about the problem. I have numerous messages in that account that I
> need, and I am expecting several more.
>
> Thanks,
> MaryL

not sure if this will work but, you can try accessing yahoo mail from
another countrys website for example "au.yahoo.com"

MaryL

"buttonbrn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

> MaryL wrote:
>> I have two Yahoo mail accounts. One opens without any problems. For the
>> last 2 or 3 days, every attempt to open the second mail account causes an
>> error message which says cannot find server. However, I can access Yahoo
>> Groups from the same computer and using the same login information. Does
>> anyone have any suggestions about what could cause the problem and how I
>> can
>> work around it? I also cannot figure out any way to send a direct
>> message
>> to Yahoo about the problem. I have numerous messages in that account
>> that I
>> need, and I am expecting several more.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> MaryL

> not sure if this will work but, you can try accessing yahoo mail from
> another countrys website for example "au.yahoo.com"

Thanks! I never would have thought of that, but it worked.

MaryL

buttonbrn

MaryL wrote:
> "buttonbrn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> >
> > MaryL wrote:
> >> I have two Yahoo mail accounts. One opens without any problems. For the
> >> last 2 or 3 days, every attempt to open the second mail account causes an
> >> error message which says cannot find server. However, I can access Yahoo
> >> Groups from the same computer and using the same login information. Does
> >> anyone have any suggestions about what could cause the problem and how I
> >> can
> >> work around it? I also cannot figure out any way to send a direct
> >> message
> >> to Yahoo about the problem. I have numerous messages in that account
> >> that I
> >> need, and I am expecting several more.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> MaryL

> > not sure if this will work but, you can try accessing yahoo mail from
> > another countrys website for example "au.yahoo.com"
> >

> Thanks! I never would have thought of that, but it worked.
>
> MaryL

no problem, glad to help