Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > quicktime, kodak, windows media player

quicktime, kodak, windows media player

mike

hi,

can videos recorded with a kodak digital camera be played by windows media
player?

the kodak software keeps messaging me i must use quicktime.

i've always despised quicktime and refuse to use this hijacking piece of
****.

now i may seel this camera unless i can use WMP to play the videos recorded
by it.

thanks,

mike

Old Gringo

Without Any Hesitation, mike Wrote The Following:
> hi,
>
> can videos recorded with a kodak digital camera be played by windows media
> player?
>
> the kodak software keeps messaging me i must use quicktime.
>
> i've always despised quicktime and refuse to use this hijacking piece of
> ****.
>
> now i may seel this camera unless i can use WMP to play the videos recorded
> by it.
>
> thanks,
>
> mike

Take a look here : http://tinyurl.com/ejzld
Another Firefox find from the address bar.

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere

Flying Rat

In article <Rmxwg.71099$(E-Mail Removed)> , mike
says...
> hi,
>
> can videos recorded with a kodak digital camera be played by windows media
> player?
>
> the kodak software keeps messaging me i must use quicktime.
>
> i've always despised quicktime and refuse to use this hijacking piece of
> ****.
>
> now i may seel this camera unless i can use WMP to play the videos recorded
> by it.
>
> thanks,
>
> mike

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...lternative.htm

I won't use it either for the same reasons, same with RealPlayer in its
various forms. There are freeware alternatives to both pieces of ****
out there.

FR

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Flying Rat <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>In article <Rmxwg.71099$(E-Mail Removed)> , mike
|>says...
|>> hi,
|>>
|>> can videos recorded with a kodak digital camera be played by windows media
|>> player?
|>>
|>> the kodak software keeps messaging me i must use quicktime.
|>>
|>> i've always despised quicktime and refuse to use this hijacking piece of
|>> ****.
|>>
|>> now i may seel this camera unless i can use WMP to play the videos recorded
|>> by it.
|>>
|>> thanks,
|>>
|>> mike
|>>

|>http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...lternative.htm

|>I won't use it either for the same reasons, same with RealPlayer in its
|>various forms. There are freeware alternatives to both pieces of ****
|>out there.

Same here I use irfanview (with plug-ins) to view most videos
including quicktime and wmv files.
http://www.irfanview.com/

--
http://www.everyvideogame.com/gameli...rt=951&sys=all

Mitch

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> hi,
>
> can videos recorded with a kodak digital camera be played by windows media
> player?
>
> the kodak software keeps messaging me i must use quicktime.
>
> i've always despised quicktime and refuse to use this hijacking piece of
> ****.
>
> now i may seel this camera unless i can use WMP to play the videos recorded
> by it.
>
> thanks,
>
> mike

Boy, are you ever overreacting.
QuickTime does NOT hijack -- and what it does is good, useful, and
almost entirely reasonable.
I suspect you are simply referring to the fact that when it is
installed, it assigns file types to it's own tools. Isn't that a
reasonable expectation? You wouldn't be installing it if you didn't
want to use it.

Anyway, it's easy to restore the assignments, right?
And QuickTime behaves once it is assigned the types you want, right?

I just don't understand the acrimony.
Apple isn't misbehaving, in my view.

mike

hey mitch,

it's obvious you know more about computers than i.

i am a casual user.

i wasn't overreacting. but i will now, thank you.

are you a professional apologist for steve jobs et al? i ask a simple
****ing question and you offer no solution, just your lame ****ing opinion
on quicktime. if i wanted your opinion on it, i would have asked for it and
then taken my dick out of your mouth to see if you had a cogent response.

i'll explain the acrimony. this goddam program makes itself the default for
different functions. and it's a real bitch to remove, particularly when you
throw that itunes bullshit into the mix!

let's face it. the free version of quicktime is dwarfed by its WMP
counterpart as far as features go.

and when one finally does remove every last quicktime ctwig and crumb, the
deleted
program leaves playing audio (for example) on WMP impossible and it leads to
function problems elsewhere also. IT SUCKS! IT'S A THIEF IN THE NIGHT! IT'S
A HIJACKER. IT'S A PAIN IN THE ASS! IT'S A MITCH!

> Anyway, it's easy to restore the assignments, right?
> And QuickTime behaves once it is assigned the types you want, right?
> And Mitch is a douche bag, right?

are you talking down to me here, bitch, er, i mean mitch?

i don't have a clue what you mean by "assignments." i'm sure many folks do.
but i'll bet the majority of casual computer users, myself included, do
not, right?

why should i have to go out of my way to make quicktime "behave?" don't
anthropomorphize it, for christ's sake! it's a program and a nasty little
pirate at that.

go up top and start a new thread called, "why i love quicktime," or words to
that effect, and give your reasons for liking this software.let's see what
type of response it generates.

i'm sure you'll find yourself in the minority when it comes to liking
quicktime.

now, i'm sure there will be others who, like you, are enamored of
quicktime. the number of quicktime fans is probably equal to the number of
coprophilliacs running around your home town. we know there is at least
one... same dude likes quicktime, right?

right?

right?

right?

mind your own business,

mike

> In article <Rmxwg.71099$(E-Mail Removed)> , mike
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> hi,
>>
>> can videos recorded with a kodak digital camera be played by windows
>> media
>> player?
>>
>> the kodak software keeps messaging me i must use quicktime.
>>
>> i've always despised quicktime and refuse to use this hijacking piece of
>> ****.
>>
>> now i may seel this camera unless i can use WMP to play the videos
>> recorded
>> by it.
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> mike
>>

> Boy, are you ever overreacting.
> QuickTime does NOT hijack -- and what it does is good, useful, and
> almost entirely reasonable.
> I suspect you are simply referring to the fact that when it is
> installed, it assigns file types to it's own tools. Isn't that a
> reasonable expectation? You wouldn't be installing it if you didn't
> want to use it.
>
> Anyway, it's easy to restore the assignments, right?
> And QuickTime behaves once it is assigned the types you want, right?
>
> I just don't understand the acrimony.
> Apple isn't misbehaving, in my view.

"Mitch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:230720061918303401%(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <Rmxwg.71099$(E-Mail Removed)> , mike
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> hi,
>>
>> can videos recorded with a kodak digital camera be played by windows
>> media
>> player?
>>
>> the kodak software keeps messaging me i must use quicktime.
>>
>> i've always despised quicktime and refuse to use this hijacking piece of
>> ****.
>>
>> now i may seel this camera unless i can use WMP to play the videos
>> recorded
>> by it.
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> mike
>>

> Boy, are you ever overreacting.
> QuickTime does NOT hijack -- and what it does is good, useful, and
> almost entirely reasonable.
> I suspect you are simply referring to the fact that when it is
> installed, it assigns file types to it's own tools. Isn't that a
> reasonable expectation? You wouldn't be installing it if you didn't
> want to use it.
>
> Anyway, it's easy to restore the assignments, right?
> And QuickTime behaves once it is assigned the types you want, right?
>
> I just don't understand the acrimony.
> Apple isn't misbehaving, in my view.

Jimchip

On 2006-07-24, mike <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
[snip]

> i wasn't overreacting. but i will now, thank you.
>
> are you a professional apologist for steve jobs et al? i ask a simple
> ****ing question and you offer no solution, just your lame ****ing opinion
> on quicktime. if i wanted your opinion on it, i would have asked for it and
> then taken my dick out of your mouth to see if you had a cogent response.

[snip]

I thought Saturday nite was when all the real assholes trolled 24HS.HD.
Now it's Sunday when the shitheads kook out. All over Quicktime, no
less.

--
The Great Movie Posters:
HOODLUMS FROM ANOTHER WORLD ON A RAY-GUN RAMPAGE!

mike

> I thought Saturday nite was when all the real assholes trolled 24HS.HD.
> Now it's Sunday when the shitheads kook out. All over Quicktime, no
> less.
>

>Jimchip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

jimchip,

i can see you're just another asshole with nothing to do. why did you post
the above bullshit? you, like mitch, do not provide any answers or
information other than you lame opinions about unrelated topics.

but since we're being led off tangentially again, i must say what a cute
name you have! did your mommy give it to you? or was it some old man for
whom you were a catamite?

how old are you, jimchip? if you're over 8 years of age, get another name
will ya? unless you're the type that hangs around schools and so on. then
that name's perfect for you.

"just call me jimchip, bobby. oh, look! the ice cream man! bobby, reach into
my pocket and get some change and go buy yourself an ice cream."

hey jimchip, why don't you give ol' mitch a call and you guys can go do the
chickenhawk thing together and keep each other company while you're chasing
little kids through dark parks.

Jimchip

On 2006-07-24, mike <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I thought Saturday nite was when all the real assholes trolled 24HS.HD.
>> Now it's Sunday when the shitheads kook out. All over Quicktime, no
>> less.
>>

>>Jimchip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> jimchip,
>
> i can see you're just another asshole with nothing to do. why did you post
> the above bullshit? you, like mitch, do not provide any answers or
> information other than you lame opinions about unrelated topics.

Gee, it's not for you to say what's related and what's not. You are
allowed to have your opinion. My opinion is that you are full of
vituperative spew and I don't see why you think you can post the crap
that you do and not expect someone to say that you are way out of line.
[snip]

--
In the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence
with words in the proper order then why can't he?

mike

jimchip,

your head is so far up your ass it has come back up through your shoulders.

do you carry yoda dolls to entice the young ones?