Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > U.S. Defense hacker.

U.S. Defense hacker.

sam

A hacker in the UK has broken into the USA Defense computer
bypassing security passwords.Says he was testing their security
and meant no harm.Now awaits extradition.
Frightening, isn't it? Could have been a terrorist.

The Addison's

"sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>A hacker in the UK has broken into the USA Defense computer
> bypassing security passwords.Says he was testing their security
> and meant no harm.Now awaits extradition.
> Frightening, isn't it? Could have been a terrorist.

I can't remember the number of times the Defense Departments network has
been hacked into! You'd think they would spend some extra money to hire
someone who is really good at writing anti-intrusion software to safeguard
their network. Oh well, better to spend the money sending people to their
deaths in Iraq! NOT!

M2CW,
Hawkeye65

Whiskers

On 2006-07-21, The Addison's <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>>A hacker in the UK has broken into the USA Defense computer
>> bypassing security passwords.Says he was testing their security
>> and meant no harm.Now awaits extradition.
>> Frightening, isn't it? Could have been a terrorist.

> I can't remember the number of times the Defense Departments network has
> been hacked into! You'd think they would spend some extra money to hire
> someone who is really good at writing anti-intrusion software to safeguard
> their network. Oh well, better to spend the money sending people to their
> deaths in Iraq! NOT!
>
> M2CW,
> Hawkeye65

Not having it connected to the public internet, would seem to be a first
step. I'm sure the Government Security Experts in China could help them
to work out something workable.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Leythos

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
> A hacker in the UK has broken into the USA Defense computer
> bypassing security passwords.Says he was testing their security
> and meant no harm.Now awaits extradition.
> Frightening, isn't it? Could have been a terrorist.

Could have been a setup to trap people like him. I'm willing to bet that
there was nothing secret he could have got at. It's nice to see
unethical people get caught and hammered.

--

(E-Mail Removed)
remove 999 in order to email me

Brian G

sam wrote:
> A hacker in the UK has broken into the USA Defense computer
> bypassing security passwords.Says he was testing their security
> and meant no harm.Now awaits extradition.
> Frightening, isn't it? Could have been a terrorist.

At the moment there are no worse "terrorists" on this planet than the USA.
Besides, if the yank defence computers are that vulnerable to someone just
dropping in for a "look-see", then heads should roll - starting with Dumbya
(note the spelling) Bush, then your Congress, Senate, Defence Department,
Army, Navy, Air Force and IT contractors - *AND* they should bloodywell be
grateful that it was one of us friendly Brits that had the nous to do it
and not Al Qaeda, who once *they* realise that is that easy to hack into
your defence computers will create mayhem there.

Jimchip

On 2006-07-21, Brian G <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> sam wrote:
>> A hacker in the UK has broken into the USA Defense computer
>> bypassing security passwords.Says he was testing their security
>> and meant no harm.Now awaits extradition.
>> Frightening, isn't it? Could have been a terrorist.

> At the moment there are no worse "terrorists" on this planet than the USA.

Oh God, a political troll. It must be Friday/Early Saturday. Political
troll day after too many pints.

--
In the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence
with words in the proper order then why can't he?

clot

Whiskers wrote:
> On 2006-07-21, The Addison's <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> "sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>>> A hacker in the UK has broken into the USA Defense computer
>>> bypassing security passwords.Says he was testing their security
>>> and meant no harm.Now awaits extradition.
>>> Frightening, isn't it? Could have been a terrorist.

>> I can't remember the number of times the Defense Departments network
>> has been hacked into! You'd think they would spend some extra money
>> to hire someone who is really good at writing anti-intrusion
>> software to safeguard their network. Oh well, better to spend the
>> money sending people to their deaths in Iraq! NOT!
>>
>> M2CW,
>> Hawkeye65

> Not having it connected to the public internet, would seem to be a
> first step. I'm sure the Government Security Experts in China could
> help them to work out something workable.

Drives me crazy when over there that I can't use the BBC sites!

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Whiskers <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>Not having it connected to the public internet, would seem to be a first
|>step. I'm sure the Government Security Experts in China could help them
|>to work out something workable.

OT

Remember the Soviet space shuttle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shuttle_Buran and how much it look'd like
the NASA shuttle?

Well cause it was, it was a 1/3 version of the NASA shuttle. As a
public agency receiving government money, every bit of NASA info was
put on the internet for public access, Ruskies just used it.

--
Why popular antivirus apps 'do not work'
http://tinyurl.com/e63uw

Plato

sam wrote:

> A hacker in the UK has broken into the USA Defense computer
> bypassing security passwords.Says he was testing their security
> and meant no harm.Now awaits extradition.
> Frightening, isn't it? Could have been a terrorist.

Tell your buddies at the Dept. Of Offense to initiate a policy of NOT
taking their PCs home with them for starters. Secondly. Tell your
buddies there NOT to hire political appointees.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/