Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Download Problems

Download Problems

barneynwise@hotmail.com

I am having problems in downloading an update for a software programme.
When I click "Begin download" the status bar shows "downloading
from site", immediately followed by "Javascript:'do Download
('dim')", immediately followed by "Done".
But the download does not kick-in and nothing further happens.
I am using Internet Explorer 6. 0. 2900.2180. I assume there is some
setting in that programme that is preventing the download to start but
I am at a loss as what it can be. I have restored the settings to the
default.
Can anyone, please offer any help as to what can be stopping the update
download to kick in.
Thanks
Barney

Evan Platt

On 21 Jul 2006 02:37:38 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I am having problems in downloading an update for a software programme.
>When I click "Begin download" the status bar shows "downloading
>from site", immediately followed by "Javascript:'do Download
>('dim')", immediately followed by "Done".
>But the download does not kick-in and nothing further happens.
>I am using Internet Explorer 6. 0. 2900.2180. I assume there is some
>setting in that programme that is preventing the download to start but
>I am at a loss as what it can be. I have restored the settings to the
>default.
>Can anyone, please offer any help as to what can be stopping the update
>download to kick in.

Contact the manufacturer of the software.