Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Your favorite DVD copy software?

Your favorite DVD copy software?

Bill Hanna

I googled for DVD copy software and got confused over all the choices..
So I thought I woul just ask the pros here which to pick.

I want to make backup DVDs of all my movies but when I try to copy some
of them (using Nero 6) they say they are protected and will not copy.

Thus my query.... WHat program do you recommend for this. I know I can
rip, etc, but there seem to be many easier ways. Which is best?
--
Bill

To sleep- perchance to dream of puppies.

-- WT Hanna ---

Plato

Bill Hanna wrote:

> I googled for DVD copy software and got confused over all the choices..
> So I thought I woul just ask the pros here which to pick.
>
> I want to make backup DVDs of all my movies but when I try to copy some
> of them (using Nero 6) they say they are protected and will not copy.

Then ask the Author of the movies what program they recommend to copy
their work.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Kenny

CloneDVD coupled with AnyDVD.

--
Kenny Cargill

"Cigarettes are killers that travel in packs."

"Bill Hanna" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I googled for DVD copy software and got confused over all the choices..
> So I thought I woul just ask the pros here which to pick.
>
> I want to make backup DVDs of all my movies but when I try to copy some
> of them (using Nero 6) they say they are protected and will not copy.
>
> Thus my query.... WHat program do you recommend for this. I know I can
> rip, etc, but there seem to be many easier ways. Which is best?
> --
> Bill
>
> To sleep- perchance to dream of puppies.
>
> -- WT Hanna ---

Meat Plow

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 02:52:47 -0500, Bill Hanna wrote:

> I googled for DVD copy software and got confused over all the choices.. So
> I thought I woul just ask the pros here which to pick.
>
> I want to make backup DVDs of all my movies but when I try to copy some of
> them (using Nero 6) they say they are protected and will not copy.
>
> Thus my query.... WHat program do you recommend for this. I know I can
> rip, etc, but there seem to be many easier ways. Which is best? --
> Bill
>
> To sleep- perchance to dream of puppies.
>
> -- WT Hanna ---

I use DVDDecrypter to rip and remove copy protection and Clone DVD-2 to
remaster/shrink dual layer into a DVD-5 disc.

--
COOSN-266-06-25794

Fred

Bill Hanna wrote:
> I googled for DVD copy software and got confused over all the
> choices.. So I thought I woul just ask the pros here which to pick.
>
> I want to make backup DVDs of all my movies but when I try to copy
> some of them (using Nero 6) they say they are protected and will not
> copy.
>
> Thus my query.... WHat program do you recommend for this. I know I can
> rip, etc, but there seem to be many easier ways. Which is best?

DvD Shrink is pretty ggood at that.
http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/

Bill Hanna

On 21 Jul 2006 04:29:02 -0500, While running hot, Plato <|@|.|> posted:
..
>Bill Hanna wrote:
>>
>> I googled for DVD copy software and got confused over all the choices..
>> So I thought I woul just ask the pros here which to pick.
>>
>> I want to make backup DVDs of all my movies but when I try to copy some
>> of them (using Nero 6) they say they are protected and will not copy.

>Then ask the Author of the movies what program they recommend to copy
>their work.

Bite me
--
Bill

To sleep- perchance to dream of puppies.

-- WT Hanna ---

Bill Hanna

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 02:52:47 -0500, While running hot, Bill Hanna
<(E-Mail Removed)> posted:
..
>I googled for DVD copy software and got confused over all the choices..
>So I thought I woul just ask the pros here which to pick.
>
>I want to make backup DVDs of all my movies but when I try to copy some
>of them (using Nero 6) they say they are protected and will not copy.
>
>Thus my query.... WHat program do you recommend for this. I know I can
>rip, etc, but there seem to be many easier ways. Which is best?

I was thinking about DVD Cloner II. It's ratings are good. Anyone tried
it?
--
Bill

To sleep- perchance to dream of puppies.

-- WT Hanna ---

Jimchip

On 2006-07-21, Bill Hanna <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 21 Jul 2006 04:29:02 -0500, While running hot, Plato <|@|.|> posted:
> .
>>Bill Hanna wrote:
>>>
>>> I googled for DVD copy software and got confused over all the choices..
>>> So I thought I woul just ask the pros here which to pick.
>>>
>>> I want to make backup DVDs of all my movies but when I try to copy some
>>> of them (using Nero 6) they say they are protected and will not copy.

>>Then ask the Author of the movies what program they recommend to copy
>>their work.

> Bite me

LOL! Good one Bill

Try:
http://www.doom9.org/ and read it thoroughly.

But be careful, Bill- There are legal issues so make sure you do it
right.

--
In the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence
with words in the proper order then why can't he?

L83R

"Bill Hanna" wrote...
> I googled for DVD copy software and got confused over all the choices..
> So I thought I woul just ask the pros here which to pick.
>
> I want to make backup DVDs of all my movies but when I try to copy some
> of them (using Nero 6) they say they are protected and will not copy.
>
> Thus my query.... WHat program do you recommend for this. I know I can
> rip, etc, but there seem to be many easier ways. Which is best?

With some of the new encryptions, such as Sony is using, the best
way to do ANY movie -- decrypt with AnyDVD and shrink using
DVD Shrink. You need nothing else.

sbb78247

Bill Hanna wrote:
> I googled for DVD copy software and got confused over all the
> choices.. So I thought I woul just ask the pros here which to pick.
>
> I want to make backup DVDs of all my movies but when I try to copy
> some of them (using Nero 6) they say they are protected and will not
> copy.
>
> Thus my query.... WHat program do you recommend for this. I know I can
> rip, etc, but there seem to be many easier ways. Which is best?

DVD Fab Platinum - updates regularly to get around that nasty copy
protection stuff