Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Taskbar to high, How do I make smaller

Taskbar to high, How do I make smaller

Ockerr

Hi Guys
Dont know what Ive done, But I enlarged my Task bar at the Bottom of my
Monitor to add a few icons and now its about 25 mm high, before it was about
12 mm high. Now the icons by the clock are all grouped together on top of
each other instead of being on one line.
The taskbar is unlocked but it wont slide down to a smaller size. Could
someone tell me how to do it Thank You, My OS is WinXP Pro
Cheers and thanks

Fred

Ockerr wrote:
> Hi Guys
> Dont know what Ive done, But I enlarged my Task bar at the Bottom of
> my Monitor to add a few icons and now its about 25 mm high, before it
> was about 12 mm high. Now the icons by the clock are all grouped
> together on top of each other instead of being on one line.
> The taskbar is unlocked but it wont slide down to a smaller size.
> Could someone tell me how to do it Thank You, My OS is WinXP Pro
> Cheers and thanks

You should have an upright line next to the start box. Grab it with the
mouse and pull it down.

ross

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 14:56:32 +1200, "Ockerr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi Guys
>Dont know what Ive done, But I enlarged my Task bar at the Bottom of my
>Monitor to add a few icons and now its about 25 mm high, before it was about
>12 mm high. Now the icons by the clock are all grouped together on top of
>each other instead of being on one line.
>The taskbar is unlocked but it wont slide down to a smaller size. Could
>someone tell me how to do it Thank You, My OS is WinXP Pro
>Cheers and thanks

That's where Sysyem Restore comes into its own!

ross

Ockerr

"ProfGene"

it worked I tried all the suggestions, But the only one that worked was
retore Defaults.
Strange..I leant a lot in the experiment, But I dont know why the other
suggestions didnt work.
Thanks everyone for the Help
Cheers... ( I wonder how long it will stay like it )

Richard Blaine

"ProfGene" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e9rg5c$og4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ockerr wrote:
>> Hi Guys
>> Dont know what Ive done, But I enlarged my Task bar at the Bottom of my
>> Monitor to add a few icons and now its about 25 mm high, before it was
>> about
>> 12 mm high. Now the icons by the clock are all grouped together on top of
>> each other instead of being on one line.
>> The taskbar is unlocked but it wont slide down to a smaller size. Could
>> someone tell me how to do it Thank You, My OS is WinXP Pro
>> Cheers and thanks
>>

> You could try going into control panel, Task Bar and restoring defaults.

Or grab the corner and drag it down toward the bottom.

ProfGene