Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > services.exe slowing system

services.exe slowing system

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

For the past few days, services.exe has been running on and off for
between 6 and 10 hours a day, seriously slowing the system down, e.g.
opening a browser and navigating to a site can take upto 5 minutes, task
manager shows services.exe is using 99% cpu. If I wait until the pc is
idle again I can navigate or open progs normally (until services kicks
in again).
Ran ad-aware, spybot s&d, trend-micro online av, etrust (local) full
scan, all coming up blank.
I have shut off the various server software and other tsr's I run with
no difference to services.exe's appetite for cpu.

A bunch of brownie points to anyone who has a clue to how I can get over
this problem.

oh yes, this seemed to start just after a conflict of IP's when a laptop
tried to use the same ip as the 24/7 system.

danke en avance

distantgaurav@gmail.com

well type msconfig in run and press enter click startup and which
softwares are running when system starts uncheck those u dont want then
right click on my computers click manage click services in services and
application enable and disable some of the software u don't use then
download RootkitRevealer.zip from sysinternals .com run it(it may take
time more dan antivirus but let it do it's job it will scan 4 spywares
and ad awares which others cant find and del them automatically, u can
allso use norton speed disk to boost the performance of ur system
availabe in norton system works) after it restare ur system it should
help if not then u can allways come back 4 help

Duane Arnold

Brian H wrote:
> For the past few days, services.exe has been running on and off for
> between 6 and 10 hours a day, seriously slowing the system down, e.g.
> opening a browser and navigating to a site can take upto 5 minutes, task
> manager shows services.exe is using 99% cpu. If I wait until the pc is
> idle again I can navigate or open progs normally (until services kicks
> in again).
> Ran ad-aware, spybot s&d, trend-micro online av, etrust (local) full
> scan, all coming up blank.
> I have shut off the various server software and other tsr's I run with
> no difference to services.exe's appetite for cpu.
>
> A bunch of brownie points to anyone who has a clue to how I can get over
> this problem.
>
> oh yes, this seemed to start just after a conflict of IP's when a laptop
> tried to use the same ip as the 24/7 system.
>
> danke en avance

Hey sheriff, stick the computer up your ass and choke on it.

<g>

Duane

Duane Arnold

Yes, you hope!

Duane Arnold

Post you *ho* post.

Fred Hall

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 00:34:38 GMT, Duane Arnold <"Do forget about
it"@PleaeDo.BET> wrote:

>Yes, you hope!

Liar

--

And you'll be able to tell who they are because they will be chanting in
Zulu, "Amasende hagu! Unyoko isifebe! Sibeleko sikanyoko! Malebe, malebe,

Fred Hall

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 00:48:47 GMT, Duane Arnold <"Do forget about
it"@PleaeDo.BET> wrote:

>Post you *ho* post.

Fetch, boy.

--

And you'll be able to tell who they are because they will be chanting in
Zulu, "Amasende hagu! Unyoko isifebe! Sibeleko sikanyoko! Malebe, malebe,
malebe, mdidi sihlama!"

Duane Arnold

Very good

Duane Arnold