Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > updated exam printout

updated exam printout

Mark Scott

When I passed the 227, I went to the laser printer and noticed a sheet with
how the exam is split up and how well you did in each section.... I have
never seen this before in any exams I have done (210, 215, 216, 217, 218,
219 and 221). What other exams have the more helpful printouts?

Plain Jane@nospam.com

This is the new format with test score and break down of
each section or skill tested. The new 70-218, 70-270 and
many others are now in the format. It is more benefical to
the test taker to see the area of strength and weakness.
Much better than pass/fail!

Marlin Munrow

Strangely, this is exactly how the exams used to be...

Way back when (during the much revered days of adaptive testing) if
you chose to go to Vue and avoid adaptive, you would get a score
report.

I have ones from a few years ago for 70-028 and 029 as well as 081
that have break downs.

I noticed this "innovation" like you on my 227 and 214.
Interestingly, in the old scoring systems you couldnt fail in one
section below 50%, the new style you clearly can (well judging from
my transcript anyway)

Legacy (pre-2000 exams) still score and some still break down
and post 2000 (i.e. 2003 exams and electives). No scores on 2000 core
(

I understand that 270 is now scored and broken down too.

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 14:28:39 -0000, "Mark Scott"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>When I passed the 227, I went to the laser printer and noticed a sheet with
>how the exam is split up and how well you did in each section.... I have
>never seen this before in any exams I have done (210, 215, 216, 217, 218,
>219 and 221). What other exams have the more helpful printouts?

Rowdy Yates

i got one of those at the end of the 70-218. yes, i agree, it's very
helpful.

i just did & passed the 70-217 yesterday. just a pass/fail at the end of
that one. it would have been really nice to see a score & category
breakdown of how well i did at the end of this exam. a lot more useful than
knowing that info for the 70-218.

on a personal note; i would really like to purchase some of that high end
cocaine that the guy that finished the 70-217 exam in 15 minutes purchased!
there were a lot of "new" & messed up microsoft questions. you can tell
because the new question look different. on my screen they were a
different font and had a blue border. and they were longer and you can tell
that the writer is trying to mess you up.

RY, MCSA

"Mark Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):