Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > IP conflict with OLE

IP conflict with OLE

Joe Rogers

Running Win98SE....

I have suddenly started getting the following 'Windows message' when using
OLE and haven't a clue what its about or how to solve it. I have to click
'ok' to close the window.

The message reads:-
'The system has detected a conflict for IP address 192.168.2. with the
system having hardware address 00:40:F4:E2:E7:23'

Any idea(s) how to solve this please would be greatly appreciated as its
slowly driving me mad!

Joe

John Holmes

Joe Rogers "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> Running Win98SE....
>
> I have suddenly started getting the following 'Windows message' when
> using OLE and haven't a clue what its about or how to solve it. I have
> to click 'ok' to close the window.
>
> The message reads:-
> 'The system has detected a conflict for IP address 192.168.2. with the
> system having hardware address 00:40:F4:E2:E7:23'
>
> Any idea(s) how to solve this please would be greatly appreciated as
> its slowly driving me mad!
>
> Joe

Results 1 - 10 of about 1,310,000 for The system has detected a conflict
for IP address . (0.30 seconds), you lazy ****.

--
Your mother was a diabolic religious zealot who got arrested performing
lewd acts in the gutter.

Mike Easter

Joe Rogers wrote:
> Running Win98SE....
>
> I have suddenly started getting the following 'Windows message' when
> using OLE

presuming OLE to mean Outlook Express commonly OE. MS uses OLE to refer
to Object Linking and Embedding.

> and haven't a clue what its about or how to solve it. I
> have to click 'ok' to close the window.
>
> The message reads:-
> 'The system has detected a conflict for IP address 192.168.2.

That IPv4 address is missing an octet.

> with the
> system having hardware address 00:40:F4:E2:E7:23'

That hardware address is a MAC format of the EUI-64 type. It belongs to
Cameo Comm who makes such as Soho NICs and other networking stuff. That
is, I would say that that is the MAC address of your Soho nic.

> Any idea(s) how to solve this please would be greatly appreciated as
> its slowly driving me mad!

I don't know why it is doing that yet. What exactly is your network
configuration?

--
Mike Easter

Joe Rogers

Thanks for your reply Mike. Your correct in presuming I meant Outlook
Express. Not sure what you mean by 'network configuration'

Joe

news:44bbe789$0$17998$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
> Joe Rogers wrote:
> > Running Win98SE....
> >
> > I have suddenly started getting the following 'Windows message' when
> > using OLE

> presuming OLE to mean Outlook Express commonly OE. MS uses OLE to refer
> to Object Linking and Embedding.
>
> > and haven't a clue what its about or how to solve it. I
> > have to click 'ok' to close the window.
> >
> > The message reads:-
> > 'The system has detected a conflict for IP address 192.168.2.

> That IPv4 address is missing an octet.
>
> > with the
> > system having hardware address 00:40:F4:E2:E7:23'

> That hardware address is a MAC format of the EUI-64 type. It belongs to
> Cameo Comm who makes such as Soho NICs and other networking stuff. That
> is, I would say that that is the MAC address of your Soho nic.
>
> > Any idea(s) how to solve this please would be greatly appreciated as
> > its slowly driving me mad!

> I don't know why it is doing that yet. What exactly is your network
> configuration?
>
> --
> Mike Easter

Duane Arnold

Joe Rogers wrote:
> Running Win98SE....
>
> I have suddenly started getting the following 'Windows message' when using
> OLE and haven't a clue what its about or how to solve it. I have to click
> 'ok' to close the window.
>
> The message reads:-
> 'The system has detected a conflict for IP address 192.168.2. with the
> system having hardware address 00:40:F4:E2:E7:23'

Each device such as a network interface card (NIC), modem, router or
anything of that nature that does networking has a unique MAC or
hardware address.

What it's telling you is that some other device is using the same IP
from your router that the machine you're having trouble with was or is
trying to use.

For all your machines connected to your router, you should be able to do
IPconfig /all at the DOS Command Prompt and find the machine's NIC MAC.
You can then go to the DHCP server ADmin screen and see the IP(s)that
have been issued to a NIC MAC.

> Any idea(s) how to solve this please would be greatly appreciated as its
> slowly driving me mad!

If this is a wireless network, then someone may have hacked your network
and is using the IP your machine had assigned to it and wants to use.

If this is a wire router, then you do a hard reset of the router - hold
the reset button down for 30 seconds or more, which will set the router
back to its out of the box settings. Once you do that, the router will
issue DHCP IP(s) to the machines on the LAN. You should see if that
corrects your problem.

Duane

Mike Easter

You are going to have to trim and contextualize your posts so that we
can have a conversation. When you reply, please excise everything which
doesn't pertain directly to what you are going to say, that is trimming,
and then 'contextualize' your words or put your remarks after an empty
line /under/ the very words you are addressing, so that I don't have to
reconstruct all of this.

Joe Rogers wrote:
> "Mike Easter"
>> Joe Rogers wrote:

>>> Running Win98SE....

>>> The message reads:-
>>> 'The system has detected a conflict for IP address 192.168.2.

>> That IPv4 address is missing an octet.

IP addresses such as 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.100 or such are typically
found in a LAN, a local network, or they refer back to the computer's
own address ie 127.0.0.1, or they may be associated with a router which
may be integrated with a modem, DSL or cable ethernet When you post an
'attempt' at such an address as a network one like the incomplete
192.168.2 it causes me to ask what is your network configuration. What
is your computer connected to that connects it to the internet?

>>> with the
>>> system having hardware address 00:40:F4:E2:E7:23'

>> That hardware address is a MAC format of the EUI-64 type. It
>> belongs to Cameo Comm who makes such as Soho NICs and other
>> networking stuff. That is, I would say that that is the MAC address
>> of your Soho nic.

Assuming that you have an ethernet network interface card NIC, that
network is connected to something which is giving you internet
connectivity and may be hooked up to a local network of some kind or a
router or something.

>> I don't know why it is doing that yet. What exactly is your network
>> configuration?

> Not sure what you mean by 'network configuration'

Your IP address ends with cable.ubr01.gray.blueyonder.co.uk

That most likely means that you are connected to a cable modem which
connectivity you didn't even mention when you started this thread. That
of itself is part of a network. It is also possible/likely that your
soho network interface card is connected to the cable modem's ethernet
port as opposed to USB. It is also possible that your cable modem
ethernet is connected to a router or NAT device or such.

All of those things are part of a network configuration. Look at the
wires which come out the back of your computer and see whereall they go.
Disregard the ones to the speakers and the monitor and the power and the
keyboard and the mouse and focus on the ones which connect to the cable
modem or anything else which is between your computer and the cable
modem, such as a hub or a router.

--
Mike Easter

Evan Platt

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 20:39:52 GMT, "Joe Rogers"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Thanks for your reply Mike. Your correct in presuming I meant Outlook
>Express. Not sure what you mean by 'network configuration'

What is the configuration of your network? Do you have a router
plugged into a Cable or DSL modem?

The IP address conflict means two devices are attempting to use the
same IP address. Your computer and another computer.

Joe Rogers

Many thanks for most of your replies of which were very helpful. The hard
re-boot of the router solved the problem.

Once again, thanks

Joe

"Duane Arnold" <"Do forget about it"@PleaeDo.BET> wrote in message
news:zOTug.1225$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
> Joe Rogers wrote:
> > Running Win98SE....
> >
> > I have suddenly started getting the following 'Windows message' when

using
> > OLE and haven't a clue what its about or how to solve it. I have to

click
> > 'ok' to close the window.
> >
> > The message reads:-
> > 'The system has detected a conflict for IP address 192.168.2. with the
> > system having hardware address 00:40:F4:E2:E7:23'

> Each device such as a network interface card (NIC), modem, router or
> anything of that nature that does networking has a unique MAC or
> hardware address.
>
> What it's telling you is that some other device is using the same IP
> from your router that the machine you're having trouble with was or is
> trying to use.
>
> For all your machines connected to your router, you should be able to do
> IPconfig /all at the DOS Command Prompt and find the machine's NIC MAC.
> You can then go to the DHCP server ADmin screen and see the IP(s)that
> have been issued to a NIC MAC.
>

> > Any idea(s) how to solve this please would be greatly appreciated as its
> > slowly driving me mad!

> If this is a wireless network, then someone may have hacked your network
> and is using the IP your machine had assigned to it and wants to use.
>
> If this is a wire router, then you do a hard reset of the router - hold
> the reset button down for 30 seconds or more, which will set the router
> back to its out of the box settings. Once you do that, the router will
> issue DHCP IP(s) to the machines on the LAN. You should see if that
> corrects your problem.
>
> Duane

css conflict (or html conflict) charles cashion HTML 2 02-18-2009 09:41 PM
Win32::OLE version conflict problem...please help josh.dewinter@gmail.com Perl Misc 2 01-31-2007 05:09 AM
Ole ole Patrick.O.Ige ASP .Net 0 07-16-2006 08:10 AM
Creating an OLE server document in Python (MFC/OLE/COM/Python newbie) Drew Pihera Python 0 02-04-2004 07:48 PM
Win32::OLE adding shape to OLE Object (xlsheet) in PPT Lance Hoffmeyer Perl Misc 0 11-17-2003 07:44 PM

Advertisments