Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > reformat hard drive

reformat hard drive

computer dude

i have windows XP installed on my pc twice. i would like to reformat my
pc( erasing all data) and do a fresh install of win xp. will somebody please
tell me how just to verify that i doing it right.

old man

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html allthough it might
depend also on where exactly the two win are installed

"computer dude" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4cyug.6072$(E-Mail Removed)...
> i have windows XP installed on my pc twice. i would like to reformat my
> pc( erasing all data) and do a fresh install of win xp. will somebody

please
> tell me how just to verify that i doing it right.

Toolman Tim

computer dude wrote:
> i have windows XP installed on my pc twice. i would like to reformat
> my pc( erasing all data) and do a fresh install of win xp. will somebody
> please tell me how just to verify that i doing it right.

Go here for step-by-step guides with screenshots:

www.windowsreinstall.com

Or click on the correct links below for your version:

XP Home:
http://www.windowsxphome.windowsreinstall.com/
(you want Windows XP Home Old/Used Hard Drive Install/reinstall Guide for XP
versions with SP1 or no service Pack if your disc is pre SP2, or Windows XP
Home SP2 Old/Used Hard Drive Install/reinstall if your disc has SP2 on it)

XP Pro:
http://www.windowsxpprofessional.windowsreinstall.com/
(same note as above)

XP X64:
http://www.windowsxpprox64.windowsreinstall.com/
(same note as above)

Barry OGrady

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 17:28:56 -0400, "computer dude" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>i have windows XP installed on my pc twice. i would like to reformat my
>pc( erasing all data) and do a fresh install of win xp. will somebody please
>tell me how just to verify that i doing it right.

I can see a problem right away. You are typing in all lower case.
To do a fresh XP install boot from the XP install disk and follow the prompts.

Barry
=====
Home page
http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

Flatulence C Thwacker

On this oblivious day, the tadpole known as "computer dude"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> i have windows XP installed on my pc twice. i would like to reformat my
> pc( erasing all data) and do a fresh install of win xp. will somebody please
> tell me how just to verify that i doing it right.

How can you call yourself "Computer Dude" when you don't even know how to
reinstall ****ing XP? Here, just boot from the damn XP and from the blue
screen tell it to do a fresh installation, delete the old partition (it
holds your hand through the hold damn thing) then install it. Let me
guess, you're one of those god damn CS majors from a 2 yr community
college, right?

Toolman Tim

Flatulence C Thwacker wrote:
> On this oblivious day, the tadpole known as "computer dude"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> i have windows XP installed on my pc twice. i would like to
>> reformat my pc( erasing all data) and do a fresh install of win xp.
>> will somebody please tell me how just to verify that i doing it
>> right.

> Let me guess, you're one of those god damn CS majors from
> a 2 yr community college, right?

Just about sums it up <g>

Jimchip

On 2006-07-17, Toolman Tim <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Flatulence C Thwacker wrote:
>> On this oblivious day, the tadpole known as "computer dude"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> i have windows XP installed on my pc twice. i would like to
>>> reformat my pc( erasing all data) and do a fresh install of win xp.
>>> will somebody please tell me how just to verify that i doing it
>>> right.

>> Let me guess, you're one of those god damn CS majors from
>> a 2 yr community college, right?

> Just about sums it up <g>

I know a CS major from a 2 yr CC who is a multi-millionaire for contributing
to a famous piece of software.

What about you, Dr. Einstein?

--
Your manuscript is both good and original, but the part that is good is not
original and the part that is original is not good.