Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > DVD super multi drive cd write problem..

DVD super multi drive cd write problem..

ashjas

Hello,

I have a toshiba satellite pro m70-113 laptop.

Following are the problems i am experiencing::

Reading Problems:

I am unable to read any cd-r. This is really strange as a couple of
days earlier those CD-Rs were reading fine on my drive.
and when i click the cd drive in my computer an error dialog shows
and says F: is not accessible/incorrect function..here is a screenshot
for the error..:
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/9574/1bp3.jpg

And when i try to read my DVD-R ,some times they read fine..but
sometimes it doesnt read it..and the LED of the drive keeps lit when it
doesnt read the dvd-r.When it doesnt read the dvd-r,the following error
comes,its screenshot is here:
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/9674/2bc0.jpg

Writing Problems:

After getting the reading problems..I tried to test my drive for
writing..
And i found that I am unable to write on cd-r. I used alcohol,and
nero both but no success.
Though same content when burned on cd-rw..its a success.
I am able to burn successfully on DVD+RW 4x media,with data amounting
to almost 4.34GB for DVD5..
When i insert a DVD-R media..the drive doesnt detect it as a blank
media and the LED keps on lighting constantly..and so nero at this
state doesnt detect my dvd drive even!So i am not able to write to my
DVD-R media..

In short nly writing to RWs is possible for both,cd-r and
dvd+RW,and no writing possible on CD-R and DVD-R..

Please help me.Its only 7 months since i purchased this notebook..I
have not used this drive much..and never inserted
scratched/degraded/local media..only moserbaer media.

Please help me.

Jerry Attic

"ashjas" <(E-Mail Removed)> said in news:1153032519.945382.176090@
35g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

> Hello,
>
> I have a toshiba satellite pro m70-113 laptop.
>
> Following are the problems i am experiencing::
>
> Reading Problems:

<snip>

....and all of this should tell you that the drive has probably failed. Just
because you haven't used it much doesn't mean some diode or transistor
hasn't fried out of the blue. If it's under warranty, better to have it
happen now and be able to get it replaced for a nominal charge.

Jerry

DVD super multi drive cd write problem.. ashjas Computer Support 0 07-16-2006 05:14 AM
super.super.super how? Java 24 02-24-2005 10:51 PM
super. could there be a simpler super? Kerim Borchaev Python 4 01-15-2004 03:15 PM
WHICH LENS? - SIGMA 70-300mm DL MACRO Super-II or 28-300mm AF Super Zoom 4 - for Canon 300d Rebel Digital SLR? No Spam Digital Photography 24 11-27-2003 08:21 AM
Getting the super class via the super() function Fernando Rodriguez Python 2 11-22-2003 12:08 AM

Advertisments