Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Winrar file association question

Winrar file association question

>Andy

I have to change .cbr to .zip and then winrar will unpack it. How can
I get Winrar to recognize the cbr extension and then unzip it?

Thank you.

Evan Platt

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 16:50:27 GMT, ">Andy<" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I have to change .cbr to .zip and then winrar will unpack it. How can
>I get Winrar to recognize the cbr extension and then unzip it?
>
>Thank you.

Options, Settings, Integration. There's a setting on the bottom "User
defined archive extensions."

sittingduck

Evan Platt wrote:

>>I have to change .cbr to .zip and then winrar will unpack it. How can
>>I get Winrar to recognize the cbr extension and then unzip it?
>>
>>Thank you.

> Options, Settings, Integration. There's a setting on the bottom "User
> defined archive extensions."

OR you could do it in windows.

To associate a file name extension with a file type
Open Folder Options in Control Panel.
Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Double-click Folder Options.
On the File Types tab, click New.
Type a new or existing file name extension, and then click Advanced.
In Associated File Type,
Type or select New to create a file type to associate with the file name
extension.
-or-

Type or select a different file type to associate with the extension.
Notes

When you type a file extension in the Create New Extension dialog box, the
Associated File Type list displays the file type that is associated with that
extension. To select New, scroll to the top of the list.
For information about how to make modifications to the file type, click
Related Topics.
To change the program that opens a file, on the File Types tab, under
Registered file types, click the file type, and then click Change.