Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Firefox problem ?

Firefox problem ?

Franklin

Hi,
I have tried firefox 1.5, beta1 and minefield 3.0 and it all does it. I'm
viewing http://www.hi5.com and the box pops up to save or open a .do file
How do I stop this from coming up?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Franklin wrote:

> Hi,
> I have tried firefox 1.5, beta1 and minefield 3.0 and it all does it. I'm
> viewing http://www.hi5.com and the box pops up to save or open a .do file
> How do I stop this from coming up?

Not a Firefox problem. Disable JavaScript and it won't happen. What you
are seeing is a JavaScript call to:
http://www.hi5.com/friend/displayHomePage.do
which appears to be the main page. No idea why the author uses the
extension ".do" rather than something standard such as ".html" <shrug>

It worked fine for me with Firefox 1.5.0.4 and with Opera 9, both with
JavaScript off. It also wants to plant a mess of cookies. Heh, it is a
poorly-coded site.

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

Franklin

news:Y79ug.133960$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Franklin wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I have tried firefox 1.5, beta1 and minefield 3.0 and it all does it. I'm
>> viewing http://www.hi5.com and the box pops up to save or open a .do file
>> How do I stop this from coming up?

> Not a Firefox problem. Disable JavaScript and it won't happen. What you
> are seeing is a JavaScript call to:
> http://www.hi5.com/friend/displayHomePage.do
> which appears to be the main page. No idea why the author uses the
> extension ".do" rather than something standard such as ".html" <shrug>
>
> It worked fine for me with Firefox 1.5.0.4 and with Opera 9, both with
> JavaScript off. It also wants to plant a mess of cookies. Heh, it is a
> poorly-coded site.
>
> --
> -bts
> -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

Thanks, I'm going run it awhile and if it pops up.

Plato

Franklin wrote:

> I have tried firefox 1.5, beta1 and minefield 3.0 and it all does it. I'm

Contact the Author of the program you are testing out for free for BETA
solutions.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/