Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Block Sender....

Block Sender....

o00o

Using Outlook Express 6.
Is it possible, to "block" one sender from multiple newsgroups at the same
time, or do I have to do it one newsgroup at a time?
I hope this makes sense,
Thanks for any replies.

Yddap

In newsQ0ug.2051$(E-Mail Removed),
o00o <(E-Mail Removed)> opined loudly:
> Using Outlook Express 6.
> Is it possible, to "block" one sender from multiple newsgroups at the
> same time, or do I have to do it one newsgroup at a time?
> I hope this makes sense,
> Thanks for any replies.

Just "block sender" it applies to all newsgroups within OE
presuming the same Email address is used
--

Yddap

o00o

"Yddap" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3A1ug.101626$(E-Mail Removed) .uk...
> In newsQ0ug.2051$(E-Mail Removed),
> o00o <(E-Mail Removed)> opined loudly:
>> Using Outlook Express 6.
>> Is it possible, to "block" one sender from multiple newsgroups at the
>> same time, or do I have to do it one newsgroup at a time?
>> I hope this makes sense,
>> Thanks for any replies.

> Just "block sender" it applies to all newsgroups within OE
> presuming the same Email address is used
> --
>
> Yddap

Thanks for the reply Yddap, but I don't think it works that way, It only
seems to block the sender in the newsgroup that I'm using at the time.
Unless of course I'm doing something wrong?

Toolman Tim

o00o wrote:
> "Yddap" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3A1ug.101626$(E-Mail Removed) .uk...
>> In newsQ0ug.2051$(E-Mail Removed),
>> o00o <(E-Mail Removed)> opined loudly:
>>> Using Outlook Express 6.
>>> Is it possible, to "block" one sender from multiple newsgroups at
>>> the same time, or do I have to do it one newsgroup at a time?
>>> I hope this makes sense,
>>> Thanks for any replies.

>> Just "block sender" it applies to all newsgroups within OE
>> presuming the same Email address is used
>> --
>>
>> Yddap
>>

> Thanks for the reply Yddap, but I don't think it works that way, It
> only seems to block the sender in the newsgroup that I'm using at the
> time. Unless of course I'm doing something wrong?

Did you read "LINE TWO" of his response? Here: I'll REPEAT it for you:
>> presuming the same Email address is used

Block senders is not newsgroup specific. It blocks a specific email address
in ALL newsgroups.

Of course, since you didn't explain exactly what you did, it's not very easy
to answer you question correctly. For instance, if you did block a sender,
then said OK to the "remove all messages from this sender" that will NOT
affect locally stored posts in other newsgroups, only the one you are in at
the time. You could turn off "Group messages by conversation", then sorting
by the senders name, then deleting them, and do that in all newsgroups. Then
reset the "Group messages by conversation."

So 'splain yo'self better next time!

Duane Arnold

o00o wrote:
> "Yddap" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3A1ug.101626$(E-Mail Removed) .uk...
>
>>In newsQ0ug.2051$(E-Mail Removed),
>>o00o <(E-Mail Removed)> opined loudly:
>>
>>>Using Outlook Express 6.
>>>Is it possible, to "block" one sender from multiple newsgroups at the
>>>same time, or do I have to do it one newsgroup at a time?
>>>I hope this makes sense,
>>>Thanks for any replies.

>>Just "block sender" it applies to all newsgroups within OE
>>presuming the same Email address is used
>>--
>>
>>Yddap
>>

> Thanks for the reply Yddap, but I don't think it works that way, It only
> seems to block the sender in the newsgroup that I'm using at the time.
> Unless of course I'm doing something wrong?

OE blocks the sender in all NG(s).

Duane