Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Joining scanned documents...

Joining scanned documents...

DD

I have several documents that are too long to fit onto my scanner. I
would like to scan in two parts and then join them like panoramas are
made from several overlapping photographs. Anyone know how to do this
and what software is needed?

DD

old man

Usually any 'picture' type software, often supplied with the scanner

"DD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:44b62190$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have several documents that are too long to fit onto my scanner. I
> would like to scan in two parts and then join them like panoramas are
> made from several overlapping photographs. Anyone know how to do this
> and what software is needed?
>
> DD

clot

DD wrote:
> I have several documents that are too long to fit onto my scanner. I
> would like to scan in two parts and then join them like panoramas are
> made from several overlapping photographs. Anyone know how to do this
> and what software is needed?

Google for Panorama Maker

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

DD <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>I have several documents that are too long to fit onto my scanner. I
|>would like to scan in two parts and then join them like panoramas are
|>made from several overlapping photographs. Anyone know how to do this
|>and what software is needed?

Google for OCR software

--
Quantum Physics Double Slit Experiment
http://tinyurl.com/pd9gy

Toolman Tim

> DD <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>> I have several documents that are too long to fit onto my scanner. I
>>> would like to scan in two parts and then join them like panoramas
>>> are made from several overlapping photographs. Anyone know how to
>>> do this and what software is needed?

> Google for OCR software

OCR software for photographs? Ooops <g>

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

|>> Google for OCR software

|>OCR software for photographs? Ooops <g>

Oh ya, Didn't catch the scanned part

--

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>>> OCR software for photographs? Ooops <g>

> Oh ya, Didn't catch the scanned part

Been there, done that, been ripped by the K-Man ;o)

Anyway, I know what the OP is talking about, although I've never tried it.
One program I saw called it a "stitch" utility. But that was a long time
ago.