Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > floppy drive problem

floppy drive problem

JC

My floppy drive is not recognizing when I put a disk in. I get a message to
"Insert Disk into A:/" when a disk is already in there. Do you think I need
to have the floppy drive replaced??

Evan Platt

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 02:37:38 GMT, "JC" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>My floppy drive is not recognizing when I put a disk in. I get a message to
>"Insert Disk into A:/" when a disk is already in there. Do you think I need
>to have the floppy drive replaced??

Have you tried more than one floppy disc?

Does the light on the drive come on?

Is the drive in fact A and not possibly B?

DanR

JC wrote:
> My floppy drive is not recognizing when I put a disk in. I get a
> message to "Insert Disk into A:/" when a disk is already in there. Do
> you think I need to have the floppy drive replaced??

If you can get inside... disconnect the ribbon cable and reconnect.
Sometimes works.

Jerry Attic

"JC" <(E-Mail Removed)> said in
news:Slitg.374522$(E-Mail Removed):

> My floppy drive is not recognizing when I put a disk in. I get a
> message to "Insert Disk into A:/" when a disk is already in there. Do
> you think I need to have the floppy drive replaced??

When the drive starts doing that, yes.