Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > XP boot up problems

XP boot up problems

# Fred #

On boot up I get a message stating the computer previously didn't shut down
properly. The options were to boot up in windows, previous good
configuration, safe mode, etc. I always shut down with Start>Turn Computer
Off>Turn Off. Anyway to found out what's the problem and fix this? Thanks!

Toolman Tim

# Fred # wrote:
> On boot up I get a message stating the computer previously didn't
> shut down properly. The options were to boot up in windows, previous
> good configuration, safe mode, etc. I always shut down with
> Start>Turn Computer Off>Turn Off. Anyway to found out what's the
> problem and fix this? Thanks!

Just a start, but check your event logs and see if anything is showing error
messages during the shut down process.

JP

"# Fred #" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On boot up I get a message stating the computer previously didn't shut
> down properly. The options were to boot up in windows, previous good
> configuration, safe mode, etc. I always shut down with Start>Turn Computer
> Off>Turn Off. Anyway to found out what's the problem and fix this? Thanks!

Usually the message is "we apologise for the inconvenience but windows
failed to start correctly..." something like that, meaning the previous
attempt to load windows failed, probably restarted. Is it possibly
restarting itself during a cold boot, until everything us up to speed? Maybe
try system restore or removing periphs as first diag step?

-jeepers