Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Network adapter stopped working

Network adapter stopped working

Mandy

After reinstalling xp the network adapter will not function. I have
installed the driver (nVidia win 2000/xp n force Driver) but I still
cannot connect.
I cannot set up pppoe either. What happened?
I get a message that there is no network adapter.
Nothing has been removed or changed other than reinstalling xp.

Duane Arnold

Mandy wrote:
> After reinstalling xp the network adapter will not function. I have
> installed the driver (nVidia win 2000/xp n force Driver) but I still
> cannot connect.
> I cannot set up pppoe either. What happened?
> I get a message that there is no network adapter.
> Nothing has been removed or changed other than reinstalling xp.

I suggest that you get on the phone with the NIC's manufacture and let
them help you solve the problem.

Duane

SgtMinor

Mandy wrote:

> After reinstalling xp the network adapter will not function. I have
> installed the driver (nVidia win 2000/xp n force Driver) but I still
> cannot connect.
> I cannot set up pppoe either. What happened?
> I get a message that there is no network adapter.
> Nothing has been removed or changed other than reinstalling xp.

If the adapter needs its own driver, it needs to be installed
before the hardware is added. You may need to remove the card,
uninstall the driver, reboot, reinstall the driver and then
reinstall the card.

Ben Myers

Open the case, remove the card, find the FCC ID number and use it
to make sure you are installing the correct drivers.

http://www.driverzone.com/fcc_id_search.htm

Ben

"Mandy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> After reinstalling xp the network adapter will not function. I have
> installed the driver (nVidia win 2000/xp n force Driver) but I still
> cannot connect.
> I cannot set up pppoe either. What happened?
> I get a message that there is no network adapter.
> Nothing has been removed or changed other than reinstalling xp.

Randall Smith

"Ben Myers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bKsug.8875$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
Open the case, remove the card, find the FCC ID number and use it
to make sure you are installing the correct drivers.

http://www.driverzone.com/fcc_id_search.htm

Ben

"Mandy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> After reinstalling xp the network adapter will not function. I have
> installed the driver (nVidia win 2000/xp n force Driver) but I still
> cannot connect.
> I cannot set up pppoe either. What happened?
> I get a message that there is no network adapter.
> Nothing has been removed or changed other than reinstalling xp.

Who makes your network card? I mean what brand is it?

What you installed with that driver you mentioned was actually the driver
for a video card.
You need the driver for a network adapter. If a CD came with the adapter
try that. It may guide you through the set up for your adapter. If not,
there should have been a manual or quick start guide that came with the card
that will tell you how to install the proper drivers. If all else fails you
could go to the manufacturers web site (easily found by searching for it on
your favorite search engine). Then look up the driver downloads for your
card. You will need the model number for the card to make sure you get the
correct driver. Then just follow the directions on the web site to download
and install the driver.

Good luck.