Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Password - How to avoid entering?

Password - How to avoid entering?

John Brown

Yes, each time I boot up am presented with a box ....Windows 98....Enter
Password - select User Name....there's two user names shown neither of which
are now valid..so I click Cancel and I'm in.
How do I arrange for this Enter Password box to NOT display?...I'm the only
user and just want to load windows when I switch on.
Cheers. J

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"John Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>Yes, each time I boot up am presented with a box ....Windows 98....Enter
|>Password - select User Name....there's two user names shown neither of which
|>are now valid..so I click Cancel and I'm in.
|>How do I arrange for this Enter Password box to NOT display?...I'm the only
|>user and just want to load windows when I switch on.
|>Cheers. J

It's in the control panel under passwords or users - there's a setting
assuming one user is to log on at all times - check it

--
backup your copy protected DVDs.
http://www.ripit4me.org/

John Brown

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "John Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> |>Yes, each time I boot up am presented with a box ....Windows 98....Enter
> |>Password - select User Name....there's two user names shown neither of
> which
> |>are now valid..so I click Cancel and I'm in.
> |>How do I arrange for this Enter Password box to NOT display?...I'm the
> only
> |>user and just want to load windows when I switch on.
> |>Cheers. J
> |>

> It's in the control panel under passwords or users - there's a setting
> assuming one user is to log on at all times - check it
>
> --
> backup your copy protected DVDs.
> http://www.ripit4me.org/

-----------
Thanks for that..but can only see how to add and delete users...tried
deleting all users but still get the Enter Password box on booting..clicking
delete gets me in?

Noel Paton

"John Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e8vk8t$1oq$(E-Mail Removed)...

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> 98....Enter
>> which
>> only
>> |>

>> It's in the control panel under passwords or users - there's a setting
>> assuming one user is to log on at all times - check it
>>
>> --
>> backup your copy protected DVDs.
>> http://www.ripit4me.org/

> -----------
> Thanks for that..but can only see how to add and delete users...tried
> deleting all users but still get the Enter Password box on
> booting..clicking delete gets me in?

In Network Properties
Change the Primary Logon to Windows Logon (it's probably at Networking at
present)

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2006, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
http://www.crashfixpc.com

http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

John Brown

>>> 98....Enter
>>> which
>>> only
>>> |>

>>> It's in the control panel under passwords or users - there's a setting
>>> assuming one user is to log on at all times - check it
>>>
>>> --
>>> backup your copy protected DVDs.
>>> http://www.ripit4me.org/

>> -----------
>> Thanks for that..but can only see how to add and delete users...tried
>> deleting all users but still get the Enter Password box on
>> booting..clicking delete gets me in?

> In Network Properties
> Change the Primary Logon to Windows Logon (it's probably at Networking at
> present)

--------------------
U R Brilliant. That was it. TVM. J

Noel Paton

"John Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e8vtfc$80b$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> -----------
>>> Thanks for that..but can only see how to add and delete users...tried
>>> deleting all users but still get the Enter Password box on
>>> booting..clicking delete gets me in?

>> In Network Properties
>> Change the Primary Logon to Windows Logon (it's probably at Networking
>> at present)

> U R Brilliant. That was it. TVM. J

<blush> - common question, so not really!

YW