Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > poison ivy

poison ivy

Rhonda Lea Kirk

Whiskers wrote:
> On 2006-07-12, Frosty <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> snip
>
>> Now, 30 years later I can hold any random cat to my face and breath
>> through the fur. No reaction (except sometimes random cats don't like
>> to be breathed through.)
>>
>> Frosty

> Tricky chaps, random cats. Chap called Schroedinger found one in a
> box once; caused no end of uncertainty thereafter.

Chap named Richard was owned by one who walked through walls.

rl
--
Rhonda Lea Kirk

If you ever need some proof that time can heal your wounds,
just step inside my heart and walk around these rooms;
where the shadows used to be.... Mary Chapin Carpenter

ellis_jay

Whiskers wrote:
> On 2006-07-12, Frosty <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> snip
>
>> Now, 30 years later I can hold any random cat to my face and breath
>> through the fur. No reaction (except sometimes random cats don't like
>> to be breathed through.)
>>
>> Frosty

> Tricky chaps, random cats. Chap called Schroedinger found one in a
> box once; caused no end of uncertainty thereafter.

http://www.philosophersnet.com/cafe/...interrogations

___Sador the carpenter to Turin
Tolkien, The Unfinished Tales

Ellis_Jay

Whiskers

On 2006-07-12, Rhonda Lea Kirk <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Whiskers wrote:
>> On 2006-07-12, Frosty <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> snip
>>
>>> Now, 30 years later I can hold any random cat to my face and breath
>>> through the fur. No reaction (except sometimes random cats don't like
>>> to be breathed through.)
>>>
>>> Frosty

>> Tricky chaps, random cats. Chap called Schroedinger found one in a
>> box once; caused no end of uncertainty thereafter.

> Chap named Richard was owned by one who walked through walls.
>
> rl

Lewis Carol knew one that often wasn't there at all, except for the smile.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Whiskers

On 2006-07-12, ellis_jay <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Whiskers wrote:
>> On 2006-07-12, Frosty <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> snip
>>
>>> Now, 30 years later I can hold any random cat to my face and breath
>>> through the fur. No reaction (except sometimes random cats don't like
>>> to be breathed through.)
>>>
>>> Frosty

>> Tricky chaps, random cats. Chap called Schroedinger found one in a
>> box once; caused no end of uncertainty thereafter.

> http://www.philosophersnet.com/cafe/...interrogations

I think I may have read that.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Top

Frosty wrote :
> On or about Tue, 11 Jul 2006 19:56:59 GMT, an entity identified as
> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> proudly
> proclaimed:
>
>> Rhonda Lea Kirk wrote:
>>
>>> I've eaten the leaves with no ill effect.

>> With Hellman's Mayonnaise on wheat bread.
>>
>>> I think Fels Naptha dries it out best, however, and that's what I
>>> would use--in combination with hydrocortisone cream--unless it were
>>> bad enough to warrant a trip to the doctor.

>> Here's one for y'all. As a 15-year-old, I got a super case of poison
>> ivy. There wasn't a square inch left without a rash. (Yes, you needn't
>> ask.) My eyes, between fingers, and elbow bends were swelling up badly,
>> and here's what the family doctor recommended: cover all the swelling
>> parts with cold oatmeal. For the eyes, soak a washcloth in the oatmeal,
>> fold and cover the eyes.
>>
>> How did I get such a bad case? A neighbor decided to burn a mess of the
>> bushes, and I got in the smoke.
>>
>> In 50 more years, I have never had the stuff.

> Ain't that funny about allergies!
>
> I used to be SO allergic to cats my eyes would puff up 'til closed &
> hives would appear everywhere.
>
> So naturally I got a job bathing cats!
>
> Now, 30 years later I can hold any random cat to my face and breath
> through the fur. No reaction (except sometimes random cats don't like
> to be breathed through.)
>
> Frosty

Cats make great moving targets.

Top

Rhonda Lea Kirk

Top wrote:
> Frosty wrote :
>> On or about Tue, 11 Jul 2006 19:56:59 GMT, an entity identified as
>> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> proudly
>> proclaimed:

>>> With Hellman's Mayonnaise on wheat bread.

>>> Here's one for y'all. As a 15-year-old, I got a super case of poison
>>> ivy. There wasn't a square inch left without a rash. (Yes, you
>>> needn't ask.) My eyes, between fingers, and elbow bends were
>>> swelling up badly, and here's what the family doctor recommended:
>>> cover all the swelling parts with cold oatmeal. For the eyes, soak
>>> a washcloth in the oatmeal, fold and cover the eyes.
>>>
>>> How did I get such a bad case? A neighbor decided to burn a mess of
>>> the bushes, and I got in the smoke.
>>>
>>> In 50 more years, I have never had the stuff.

>> Ain't that funny about allergies!
>>
>> I used to be SO allergic to cats my eyes would puff up 'til closed &
>> hives would appear everywhere.
>>
>> So naturally I got a job bathing cats!
>>
>> Now, 30 years later I can hold any random cat to my face and breath
>> through the fur. No reaction (except sometimes random cats don't like
>> to be breathed through.)
>>
>> Frosty

> Cats make great moving targets.
>
> Top

IMO, the better target is someone who thinks that cats make great moving
targets.

--
Rhonda Lea Kirk

If you ever need some proof that time can heal your wounds,
just step inside my heart and walk around these rooms;
where the shadows used to be.... Mary Chapin Carpenter

Frosty

On or about Thu, 13 Jul 2006 04:32:10 GMT, an entity identified as Top
<(E-Mail Removed)> proudly proclaimed:

>Frosty wrote :
>> On or about Tue, 11 Jul 2006 19:56:59 GMT, an entity identified as
>> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> proudly
>> proclaimed:

>>> With Hellman's Mayonnaise on wheat bread.

>>> Here's one for y'all. As a 15-year-old, I got a super case of poison
>>> ivy. There wasn't a square inch left without a rash. (Yes, you needn't
>>> ask.) My eyes, between fingers, and elbow bends were swelling up badly,
>>> and here's what the family doctor recommended: cover all the swelling
>>> parts with cold oatmeal. For the eyes, soak a washcloth in the oatmeal,
>>> fold and cover the eyes.
>>>
>>> How did I get such a bad case? A neighbor decided to burn a mess of the
>>> bushes, and I got in the smoke.
>>>
>>> In 50 more years, I have never had the stuff.

>> Ain't that funny about allergies!
>>
>> I used to be SO allergic to cats my eyes would puff up 'til closed &
>> hives would appear everywhere.
>>
>> So naturally I got a job bathing cats!
>>
>> Now, 30 years later I can hold any random cat to my face and breath
>> through the fur. No reaction (except sometimes random cats don't like
>> to be breathed through.)
>>
>> Frosty

>Cats make great moving targets.
>
>Top

Yeah, IF you can get 'em *to* move!

--

Resistance is futile (if < 1 ohm)

Leythos

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,

> Cats make great moving targets.

I was in the Navy with a chap that was born/raised on a chicken farm,
cats were the enemy to him and his family. He showed me his wallet one
day, it was made of Cat Skin that he had tanned himself.

Saw a picture of about 80 cats nailed to a long fence on the property -
they use to shoot them from their porch he said

--

(E-Mail Removed)
remove 999 in order to email me

Rhonda Lea Kirk

Leythos wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>>
>> Cats make great moving targets.

> I was in the Navy with a chap that was born/raised on a chicken farm,
> cats were the enemy to him and his family. He showed me his wallet one
> day, it was made of Cat Skin that he had tanned himself.
>
> Saw a picture of about 80 cats nailed to a long fence on the property
> - they use to shoot them from their porch he said

Cats have a long, mutually benevolent and beneficial history with the
farming community. Your friend was just a sociopath.

rl
--
Rhonda Lea Kirk

"Men are like cats. You can't live with 'em, and
the pelt's too thin to make a good rug."

Top

Rhonda Lea Kirk used his keyboard to write :
> Top wrote:
>> Frosty wrote :
>>> On or about Tue, 11 Jul 2006 19:56:59 GMT, an entity identified as
>>> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> proudly
>>> proclaimed:

>>> Ain't that funny about allergies!
>>>
>>> I used to be SO allergic to cats my eyes would puff up 'til closed &
>>> hives would appear everywhere.
>>>
>>> So naturally I got a job bathing cats!
>>>
>>> Now, 30 years later I can hold any random cat to my face and breath
>>> through the fur. No reaction (except sometimes random cats don't like
>>> to be breathed through.)
>>>
>>> Frosty

>> Cats make great moving targets.
>>
>> Top

> IMO, the better target is someone who thinks that cats make great moving
> targets.

Take it easy dear, I like to raise the heart beat of cat lovers. I have
dogs but harbor no ill will for cat lovers.

Top

MSI Z77A-GD65 'Ivy Bridge' Motherboard Preview Becky Front Page News 0 03-02-2012 06:01 PM
Oozing poison AD C++ 65 02-27-2012 04:16 AM
ivy hill snapper case: WHERE? |-- yu-gung DVD Video 2 01-23-2005 07:17 PM
Poison pics show up online: Another MS problem. John Computer Security 5 10-09-2004 01:15 PM
Re: Poison pics show up online: Another MS problem. John E. Carty Computer Security 0 10-04-2004 12:48 AM

Advertisments