Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Acronis back up

Acronis back up

Martin

I have two HD's on my computer one 200 GB ( 4 partitions) and the other 80GB
(2 partitions). Is my best back up option to make a mirror image from disk 1
to disk 2 and vice versa ? The Acronis write up indicated that I could back
up to DVD's. I initially attemted to do that but it ejected the DVD disk and
asked me for a CD instead. Acronis is Home version 9.0 build 3.633
Martin.

Gary

Martin wrote:
> I have two HD's on my computer one 200 GB ( 4 partitions) and the other 80GB
> (2 partitions). Is my best back up option to make a mirror image from disk 1
> to disk 2 and vice versa ? The Acronis write up indicated that I could back
> up to DVD's. I initially attemted to do that but it ejected the DVD disk and
> asked me for a CD instead. Acronis is Home version 9.0 build 3.633
> Martin.

I us Acronis True Image, et the partition length of the backup to the
size of a DVD, have the program do the backup and save to another
partition and when it is finished, then I save the partitions to DVD's.
It takes longer but I also have it check for accuracy after the DVD's
are created. Takes less time this way than attempting to recreate a
fried hard drive.