Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Change desktop icon font

Change desktop icon font

Bill Roberts

How can I change the font used for the icons on the desktop? The
appearence tab in the display is for the windows on the desktop. I want
to modify the font used for the icons on the desktop.

Thanks for any help.

--
Bill Roberts | Rutgers '66
billr at klaritykonnect.com | Owego, NY

dfrog

"Bill Roberts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsan.2006.07.09.21.37.34.837377@klaritykonnect .com...
> How can I change the font used for the icons on the desktop? The
> appearence tab in the display is for the windows on the desktop. I want
> to modify the font used for the icons on the desktop.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> --
> Bill Roberts | Rutgers '66
> billr at klaritykonnect.com | Owego, NY
> PGP fingerprint: D7C4 BCEF 0B53 C703 088B D893 6294 1117 EDF1 37FC

Bill,
Appearance - Advanced button - Item window choose 'Icon' - you'll then see
'font' window & 'size' window to enable you to do what you want.
HTH

dfrog

Synapse Syndrome

"dfrog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Bill Roberts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsan.2006.07.09.21.37.34.837377@klaritykonnect .com...
>> How can I change the font used for the icons on the desktop? The
>> appearence tab in the display is for the windows on the desktop. I want
>> to modify the font used for the icons on the desktop.
>>
>> Thanks for any help.
>>
>> --
>> Bill Roberts | Rutgers '66
>> billr at klaritykonnect.com | Owego, NY
>> PGP fingerprint: D7C4 BCEF 0B53 C703 088B D893 6294 1117 EDF1 37FC
>>

> Bill,
> Appearance - Advanced button - Item window choose 'Icon' - you'll then see
> 'font' window & 'size' window to enable you to do what you want.

If he's using using a XP style though he'll have to do some hacking with
StyleBuilder or similar.

ss.

dfrog

"Synapse Syndrome" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "dfrog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Bill Roberts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> newsan.2006.07.09.21.37.34.837377@klaritykonnect .com...
>>> How can I change the font used for the icons on the desktop? The
>>> appearence tab in the display is for the windows on the desktop. I want
>>> to modify the font used for the icons on the desktop.
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Bill Roberts | Rutgers '66
>>> billr at klaritykonnect.com | Owego, NY
>>> PGP fingerprint: D7C4 BCEF 0B53 C703 088B D893 6294 1117 EDF1 37FC
>>>

>> Bill,
>> Appearance - Advanced button - Item window choose 'Icon' - you'll then
>> see 'font' window & 'size' window to enable you to do what you want.

> If he's using using a XP style though he'll have to do some hacking with
> StyleBuilder or similar.
>
> ss.

Syn Syn,
I wasn't aware of that, but I'm using XP Style (under Windows & Buttons on
the Appearance Tab), and have just done what I said above & it worked just
fine.
Not setting up an argument here 'cos I don't know enough to do so.

dfrog

Synapse Syndrome

"dfrog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Synapse Syndrome" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "dfrog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> "Bill Roberts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> newsan.2006.07.09.21.37.34.837377@klaritykonnect .com...

>>> Bill,
>>> Appearance - Advanced button - Item window choose 'Icon' - you'll then
>>> see 'font' window & 'size' window to enable you to do what you want.

>> If he's using using a XP style though he'll have to do some hacking with
>> StyleBuilder or similar.
>>
>> ss.

> Syn Syn,
> I wasn't aware of that, but I'm using XP Style (under Windows & Buttons on
> the Appearance Tab), and have just done what I said above & it worked just
> fine.
> Not setting up an argument here 'cos I don't know enough to do so.

Ah. ok you are correct. From the first week I started using XP I have been
using different evolutions of the MacOS Aqua themes and have customised them
myself to make something exactly what I wanted. I also use the Watercolor
theme which was Microsoft's original look for XP in the early betas, before
they came up with the disgusting and childish looking thing they finalised
with. So for all these years I didn't realise that the default themes were
customisable in that way. Cheers.

ss.