Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Microsoft Works 7.0 Spreadsheet help please

Microsoft Works 7.0 Spreadsheet help please

SS

I want to print a spreadsheet and fit it all on to a landscape A4 width wise
but I cannot get it to do it. Part of the spreadsheet id cut off and printed
as an extra sheet. On Excel at work this is possible by fit all to page
option but no such option seems available on MSW. I set the print area and
also tried copy and paste to 'Word' but still no luck I know the print will
be small but I need this option can anyone help?

dfrog

SS,

Select your whole worksheet, in "Format" menu, select "Column Width", reduce
this width accordingly so that your data is printed out on 1 sheet.
If this plays havoc with what shows in each cell, you can also reduce Row
Height and font size to suit.

dfrog

"SS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Mi5sg.93553$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I want to print a spreadsheet and fit it all on to a landscape A4 width
>wise
> but I cannot get it to do it. Part of the spreadsheet id cut off and
> printed
> as an extra sheet. On Excel at work this is possible by fit all to page
> option but no such option seems available on MSW. I set the print area and
> also tried copy and paste to 'Word' but still no luck I know the print
> will
> be small but I need this option can anyone help?

SS

"dfrog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> SS,
>
> Select your whole worksheet, in "Format" menu, select "Column Width",

reduce
> this width accordingly so that your data is printed out on 1 sheet.
> If this plays havoc with what shows in each cell, you can also reduce Row
> Height and font size to suit.
>
> dfrog
>

> "SS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Mi5sg.93553$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I want to print a spreadsheet and fit it all on to a landscape A4 width
> >wise
> > but I cannot get it to do it. Part of the spreadsheet id cut off and
> > printed
> > as an extra sheet. On Excel at work this is possible by fit all to page
> > option but no such option seems available on MSW. I set the print area

and
> > also tried copy and paste to 'Word' but still no luck I know the print
> > will
> > be small but I need this option can anyone help?

I know I can do it that way but i wanted to print all the info in the cells

James

"SS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:E89sg.93608$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "dfrog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> SS,
>>
>> Select your whole worksheet, in "Format" menu, select "Column Width",

> reduce
>> this width accordingly so that your data is printed out on 1 sheet.
>> If this plays havoc with what shows in each cell, you can also reduce Row
>> Height and font size to suit.
>>
>> dfrog
>>

>> "SS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:Mi5sg.93553$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I want to print a spreadsheet and fit it all on to a landscape A4 width
>> >wise
>> > but I cannot get it to do it. Part of the spreadsheet id cut off and
>> > printed
>> > as an extra sheet. On Excel at work this is possible by fit all to page
>> > option but no such option seems available on MSW. I set the print area

> and
>> > also tried copy and paste to 'Word' but still no luck I know the print
>> > will
>> > be small but I need this option can anyone help?
>> >

> I know I can do it that way but i wanted to print all the info in the
> cells

Unfortunatly, MS Works help itself says you can either put it on landscape
and/or decrease the margin sizes.

dfrog

"SS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:E89sg.93608$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "dfrog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> SS,
>>
>> Select your whole worksheet, in "Format" menu, select "Column Width",

> reduce
>> this width accordingly so that your data is printed out on 1 sheet.
>> If this plays havoc with what shows in each cell, you can also reduce Row
>> Height and font size to suit.
>>
>> dfrog
>>

>> "SS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:Mi5sg.93553$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I want to print a spreadsheet and fit it all on to a landscape A4 width
>> >wise
>> > but I cannot get it to do it. Part of the spreadsheet id cut off and
>> > printed
>> > as an extra sheet. On Excel at work this is possible by fit all to page
>> > option but no such option seems available on MSW. I set the print area

> and
>> > also tried copy and paste to 'Word' but still no luck I know the print
>> > will
>> > be small but I need this option can anyone help?
>> >

> I know I can do it that way but i wanted to print all the info in the
> cells

Sorry SS, I thought that " If this plays havoc with what shows in each cell,
you can also reduce Row
Height and font size to suit" would do just that for you, and James'
suggestion of reducing margins would be a further help.
If you've got tons of info you want to show in the cells, this way will do
it, you already say that you are aware of small print but that is no problem
to you.
I'm not aware of any other way

dfrog

Toolman Tim

SS wrote:
> I want to print a spreadsheet and fit it all on to a landscape A4
> width wise but I cannot get it to do it. Part of the spreadsheet id
> cut off and printed as an extra sheet. On Excel at work this is
> possible by fit all to page option but no such option seems available
> on MSW. I set the print area and also tried copy and paste to 'Word'
> but still no luck I know the print will be small but I need this
> option can anyone help?

Get a PDF printing program. Set your paper size to 11x17 (or similar). Print
to a PDF file. Then open the PDF file and tell it to print on standard size
paper - it automatically resizes the page to fit.