Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Two Instances of Outlook or Outlook Express?

Two Instances of Outlook or Outlook Express?

James

Is it possible to have two separate and distinct instances of either
Outlook or Outlook Express running simultaneously?

I have three different email accounts and for a number of reasons I
don't want to set up either Outlook or Express with multiple email
addresses. I do not want to use the filtering ability in Outlook or
Express. In my case, I have set up a third email client using my
third address.

To clarify, I know that one instance of these two programs can run
independently of the other. What I would like to do is have multiple
instances of Outlook or Express, each with a separate and unique email
address.

Is that possible? Thanks.

James

James wrote:

> Is it possible to have two separate and distinct instances of either
> Outlook or Outlook Express running simultaneously?
>
> I have three different email accounts and for a number of reasons I
> don't want to set up either Outlook or Express with multiple email
> addresses. I do not want to use the filtering ability in Outlook or
> Express. In my case, I have set up a third email client using my
> third address.
>
> To clarify, I know that one instance of these two programs can run
> independently of the other. What I would like to do is have multiple
> instances of Outlook or Express, each with a separate and unique email
> address.
>
> Is that possible? Thanks.
>
> James

Install Open Source software Thunderbird or the mozilla suit which
comes integrated with email for as many instances as you like for free
in different directories without worries over licenses.
http://www.mozilla.org

Daave

James wrote:
> Is it possible to have two separate and distinct instances of either
> Outlook or Outlook Express running simultaneously?

Dunno about Outlook but there's a tool to use with OE:

http://vb.mvps.org/samples/project.asp?id=multioe

HTH.

--
Dave

Jerry G.

OE cannot run in two instances. You must set up different email
addresses, or make it operate under different identities.

One solution is to use Mozella, or any of the open source email programs
out there. This will give you the flexibility of having two instances of
an email program on the screen. But, when two instances of the same
email programs are opened, they will share the same data files,
therefore, the program will have to have all the email addresses set up
at the same time. a

--

Jerry G.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

dicts,instances,containers, slotted instances, et cetera. ocschwar@gmail.com Python 8 01-29-2009 09:52 AM
Two instances of Firefox wps Firefox 2 07-30-2004 12:51 PM
list of class instances within a list of a class instances John Wohlbier Python 2 02-22-2004 08:41 AM
Re: Syncronizing two instances of the same control Hermit Dave ASP .Net 5 01-13-2004 12:32 AM
Syncronizing two instances of same control Aaron Prohaska ASP .Net 0 11-19-2003 09:29 PM

Advertisments