Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Agent display problem

Agent display problem

Terry Pinnell

Using me email/newsgroup reader Agent (version 3.1), if I select a
message and use File|Save Messages As, I get a partially unreadable
display like this:
http://www.terrypin.dial.pipex.com/I...ntMessage1.gif

Any other Agent user get similar behaviour? Anyone know how to fix
please?

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

samuel

Terry Pinnell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Using me email/newsgroup reader Agent (version 3.1), if I
> select a message and use File|Save Messages As, I get a
> partially unreadable display like this:
> http://www.terrypin.dial.pipex.com/I...ntMessage1.gif
>
> Any other Agent user get similar behaviour? Anyone know how to
> fix please?

you have the agent news groups to ask in too ??

Blinky the Shark

Terry Pinnell wrote:
> Using me email/newsgroup reader Agent (version 3.1), if I select a
> message and use File|Save Messages As, I get a partially unreadable
> display like this:
> http://www.terrypin.dial.pipex.com/I...ntMessage1.gif
>
> Any other Agent user get similar behaviour? Anyone know how to fix
> please?

news.software.readers

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Terry Pinnell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>Using me email/newsgroup reader Agent (version 3.1), if I select a
|>message and use File|Save Messages As, I get a partially unreadable
|>display like this:
|>http://www.terrypin.dial.pipex.com/I...ntMessage1.gif
|>
|>Any other Agent user get similar behaviour? Anyone know how to fix
|>please?

Looks like a display problem (not agents fault)
Might
Start | Run <type in> DXDIAG <enter> snoop around and/or check your
video display page.

--
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/dudefalling.php

Terry Pinnell

> Terry Pinnell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>|>Using me email/newsgroup reader Agent (version 3.1), if I select a
>|>message and use File|Save Messages As, I get a partially unreadable
>|>display like this:
>|>http://www.terrypin.dial.pipex.com/I...ntMessage1.gif
>|>
>|>Any other Agent user get similar behaviour? Anyone know how to fix
>|>please?
>
>Looks like a display problem (not agents fault)
>Might
>Start | Run <type in> DXDIAG <enter> snoop around and/or check your
>video display page.

Thanks. Turned out to be an obscure conflict with my general purpose
power utility 'Stiletto' (long obsolete). One of its many options is
to force File browser windows (Open, Save) to be much larger than
normal. After failing to find any other cause, I closed Stiletto - and
the Agent File Save Messages window was then fine.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Terry Pinnell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

|>>Looks like a display problem (not agents fault)
|>>Might
|>>Start | Run <type in> DXDIAG <enter> snoop around and/or check your
|>>video display page.

|>Thanks. Turned out to be an obscure conflict with my general purpose
|>power utility 'Stiletto' (long obsolete). One of its many options is
|>to force File browser windows (Open, Save) to be much larger than
|>normal. After failing to find any other cause, I closed Stiletto - and
|>the Agent File Save Messages window was then fine.

I started by using stiletto, you do know it was upgraded and rename'd
I'm sure. http://powerpro.webeddie.com/

I've used PowerPro for years and it's never seem'd to of mess'd with
the system; And I have a bar to control Agent...

--
http://homepage.mac.com/pockyrevolut...deo/index.html

Terry Pinnell

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Terry Pinnell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>|>Thanks. Turned out to be an obscure conflict with my general purpose
>|>power utility 'Stiletto' (long obsolete). One of its many options is
>|>to force File browser windows (Open, Save) to be much larger than
>|>normal. After failing to find any other cause, I closed Stiletto - and
>|>the Agent File Save Messages window was then fine.
>
>I started by using stiletto, you do know it was upgraded and rename'd
>I'm sure. http://powerpro.webeddie.com/
>
>I've used PowerPro for years and it's never seem'd to of mess'd with
>the system; And I have a bar to control Agent...

Yes, thanks. Had some initial difficulties converting to PowerPro, and
then never found time to invest in re-learning!

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Terry Pinnell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>>I started by using stiletto, you do know it was upgraded and rename'd
|>>I'm sure. http://powerpro.webeddie.com/
|>>
|>>I've used PowerPro for years and it's never seem'd to of mess'd with
|>>the system; And I have a bar to control Agent...

|>Yes, thanks. Had some initial difficulties converting to PowerPro, and
|>then never found time to invest in re-learning!

Understood, the learning curve is quite high at the begriming.

--
http://homepage.mac.com/pockyrevolut...deo/index.html