Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Win xp taskbar problem.

Win xp taskbar problem.

ronny

Hi, for some reason whenever i open a web page it takes over the whole of my
screen.
It used to leave the task bar visable so i could swop between web pages
easily.
Can anyone advise me on which setting needs changing.
I am using firefox.

Toolman Tim

ronny wrote:
> Hi, for some reason whenever i open a web page it takes over the
> whole of my screen.
> It used to leave the task bar visable so i could swop between web
> pages easily.
> Can anyone advise me on which setting needs changing.
> I am using firefox.

You probably have Firefox set for full screen view. Press F11 and it should
toggle back to normal.

http://www.mouserunner.com/FF_Tips_Full_Screen.html

ronny

news:Lyzqg.10$(E-Mail Removed)...
> ronny wrote:
>> Hi, for some reason whenever i open a web page it takes over the
>> whole of my screen.
>> It used to leave the task bar visable so i could swop between web
>> pages easily.
>> Can anyone advise me on which setting needs changing.
>> I am using firefox.

> You probably have Firefox set for full screen view. Press F11 and it
> should toggle back to normal.
>
> Close but no cigar, just reopened outlook it does exactly the same no task
> bar at the bottom of the screen.

Toolman Tim

ronny wrote:
> news:Lyzqg.10$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> ronny wrote:
>>> Hi, for some reason whenever i open a web page it takes over the
>>> whole of my screen.
>>> It used to leave the task bar visable so i could swop between web
>>> pages easily.
>>> Can anyone advise me on which setting needs changing.
>>> I am using firefox.

>> You probably have Firefox set for full screen view. Press F11 and it
>> should toggle back to normal.
>>
>> Close but no cigar, just reopened outlook it does exactly the same
>> no task bar at the bottom of the screen.

What's this Outlook thing? You said Firefox.

Is the taskbar showing as normal without programs open?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Toolman Tim wrote:
> ronny wrote:
>
>>"Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:Lyzqg.10$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>>You probably have Firefox set for full screen view. Press F11 and it
>>>should toggle back to normal.
>>>
>>>Close but no cigar, just reopened outlook it does exactly the same
>>>no task bar at the bottom of the screen.

> What's this Outlook thing? You said Firefox.
>
> Is the taskbar showing as normal without programs open?

He probably has the "auto-hide taskbar" setting checked.

beenthere

"ronny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, for some reason whenever i open a web page it takes over the whole of
> my screen.
> It used to leave the task bar visable so i could swop between web pages
> easily.
> Can anyone advise me on which setting needs changing.
> I am using firefox.

Rt clik on Taskbar Properties, and tick the box,
`keep on top...`.

ronny

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Toolman Tim wrote:
>> ronny wrote:
>>
>>>"Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:Lyzqg.10$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> What's this Outlook thing? You said Firefox.
>>
>> Is the taskbar showing as normal without programs open?
>>

> He probably has the "auto-hide taskbar" setting checked.

Taskbar shows on the desktop with no programs open and dissapears when the
browser is opened.

Toolman Tim

ronny wrote:
> "Rgr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Toolman Tim wrote:

>>> What's this Outlook thing? You said Firefox.
>>>
>>> Is the taskbar showing as normal without programs open?
>>>

>> He probably has the "auto-hide taskbar" setting checked.

> Taskbar shows on the desktop with no programs open and dissapears
> when the browser is opened.

You're still confusticated. Outlook is not a browser. Firefox is a browser.
Please describe your problem EXACTLY and COMPLETELY.

ronny

news:XJAqg.69988$(E-Mail Removed)...