Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Wireless Signal

Wireless Signal

riplead

Make sure your wireless network is encrypted. You might have neighbors
mooching off your connection.

"Astral" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsakqg.10676$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, just wondered if anyone can throw any light on this problem that is
> driving me potty. My operating system is XP Home, and my ISP ntl. I have
> a wireless internal network card and a router and a set top box. All
> wired correctly.
>
> In recent months the signal keeps constantly popping, sometimes it
> reconnects immediately, but more often than not it does not. It might say
> connected, signal strength good/excellent but I take this to mean
> connected to either the pc or my ISP, but it is definitely not both.
>
> Under these circumstances, I have no choice but to do a frosty boot -
> switching off all plugs to the lot, even taking plugs out for at least an
> ETERNAL five minutes. Ok... not so bad if you playing pogo games
> (actually .. it is), but really painful when doing an online course.
>
> Kind regards, Astral

Astral

Hi, just wondered if anyone can throw any light on this problem that is
driving me potty. My operating system is XP Home, and my ISP ntl. I have a
wireless internal network card and a router and a set top box. All wired
correctly.

In recent months the signal keeps constantly popping, sometimes it
reconnects immediately, but more often than not it does not. It might say
connected, signal strength good/excellent but I take this to mean connected
to either the pc or my ISP, but it is definitely not both.

Under these circumstances, I have no choice but to do a frosty boot -
switching off all plugs to the lot, even taking plugs out for at least an
ETERNAL five minutes. Ok... not so bad if you playing pogo games (actually
... it is), but really painful when doing an online course.

Kind regards, Astral

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

See if this page offers any help: http://www.overclockers.com/tips1164/