Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > NT4/Exchange55 Mcse, Now what...

NT4/Exchange55 Mcse, Now what...

Rob

I got myself certified at my own expense in 98/99. MCSE in
NT 4 w/elective of TCP/IP and Exchange 5.5.

My employer has provided no training since then, nor do
they plan on doing any in the future.

I have been working with Win2k and 2003 as well as
Exchange 2000 but alas, my certs are fairly worthless to
go get a job anywhere with my current MCSE.

I am still working at the original job, but I would like
to find a place to at least supplement my education and
give me some advancement opps. I currently run the whole
show for the company.

I would like to know what is the best and most cost
effective way to make myself valuable to another company.
$13,000 is a bit steep to get to where I was (MCSE) for a
$60K a year job.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Rob

Rick

Hey Rob,
I sympathize with you. We'er on the same boat.
I guess we should be updating ourselves on a regular basis
to be more qualified. If you wanna keep in touch
email me personally at http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
And will network about getting the most out of IT
Profession.
Rgds

Rick

Yoshi

I find myself in very similar circumstances.

My only tip would be: if you're going to do a course, do it at a
college - they aren't out to make a profit and therefore charge less.

Yoshi

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 12:40:22 -0800, "Rob"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I got myself certified at my own expense in 98/99. MCSE in
>NT 4 w/elective of TCP/IP and Exchange 5.5.
>
>My employer has provided no training since then, nor do
>they plan on doing any in the future.
>
>I have been working with Win2k and 2003 as well as
>Exchange 2000 but alas, my certs are fairly worthless to
>go get a job anywhere with my current MCSE.
>
>I am still working at the original job, but I would like
>to find a place to at least supplement my education and
>give me some advancement opps. I currently run the whole
>show for the company.
>
>I would like to know what is the best and most cost
>effective way to make myself valuable to another company.
>$13,000 is a bit steep to get to where I was (MCSE) for a
>$60K a year job.
>Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks,
>Rob

Since you already have experience forgo the formal
training. Buy some books self teach yourself, take the
exams, and sell yourself.

If your employer doesn't want to provide any kind of
training, but still expect you to keep up with technology,
I'd be thinking of going somewhere else. They clearly
either don't have a firm grasp of how the IT industry
works or they're taking advantage of your services.