Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Transfer of Microsoft Office from dead laptop?

Transfer of Microsoft Office from dead laptop?

Neal2222@gmail.com

I recently purchased a new laptop. Can I reload Microsoft Office 2003
from the dead laptop to the new one? If I need to contact Microsoft who
or where do I contact? Thanks.

Noel Paton

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I recently purchased a new laptop. Can I reload Microsoft Office 2003
> from the dead laptop to the new one? If I need to contact Microsoft who
> or where do I contact? Thanks.

If the copy of Office was an OEM one, then no, you cannot legally transfer
it.
If the copy was a Retail one, then install it from the installation CD's

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2006, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
http://www.crashfixpc.com/millsrpch.htm

http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

> I recently purchased a new laptop. Can I reload Microsoft Office 2003
> from the dead laptop to the new one? If I need to contact Microsoft who
> or where do I contact? Thanks.

You need to load MS Office 2003 from the install disk. If you call MS,
ask for "technical support".

Gregg

On Sun, 02 Jul 2006 05:06:57 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I recently purchased a new laptop. Can I reload Microsoft Office 2003 from
> the dead laptop to the new one? If I need to contact Microsoft who or
> where do I contact? Thanks.

Did you purchase Office separately and install it on the laptop? If yes,
then you can use the same disk to install on another system. You may be
required to call Microsoft to explain the new installation or maybe not.
If you have an OEM version of Office, it is meant only to be used on the
Laptop that is dying on you and is not supposed to be used on another
computer. Depending on the license that you have Office may be used on
both a laptop and a desktop computer with the same license. If you have
any question about what license you have, you could always just try and
load it on another system and see what happens. You will be given a number
to call during verification if you are required to call someone to verify
the installation. If you don't have the disks and are just talking about
cloning the installation onto another system or hard drive, my experience
is that there will be problems. Good luck.

Bill

how do you load anything from a dead laptop????

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I recently purchased a new laptop. Can I reload Microsoft Office 2003
> from the dead laptop to the new one? If I need to contact Microsoft who
> or where do I contact? Thanks.

Rhonda Lea Kirk

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I recently purchased a new laptop. Can I reload Microsoft Office 2003
> from the dead laptop to the new one? If I need to contact Microsoft
> who or where do I contact? Thanks.

What does your EULA say?

rl
--
Rhonda Lea Kirk

If you ever need some proof that time can heal your wounds,
just step inside my heart and walk around these rooms;
where the shadows used to be.... Mary Chapin Carpenter

Plato

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I recently purchased a new laptop. Can I reload Microsoft Office 2003
> from the dead laptop to the new one? If I need to contact Microsoft who
> or where do I contact? Thanks.

Yes. Just use the MS Office CD you own.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/