Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Need German translation help

Need German translation help

Shel-hed

Referring to an old Kenwood KR-7200 receiver.

This page-
http://www.fertinger.com/index.php?o...216&Itemid=244
Google's translation-
http://translate.google.com/translat...l%3Den%26lr%3D
or
http://makeashorterlink.com/?F5A321B5D

What does...
"Abstimminstrumente, eines Signalstärkenabhängig."
"2 co-ordination instruments, one signal-strength-dependently."
....Mean?
Is it Radio tuning / signal strength?

Evan Platt

On Sun, 02 Jul 2006 00:01:54 GMT, Shel-hed <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Referring to an old Kenwood KR-7200 receiver.
>
>This page-
>http://www.fertinger.com/index.php?o...216&Itemid=244
>Google's translation-
>http://translate.google.com/translat...l%3Den%26lr%3D
>or
>http://makeashorterlink.com/?F5A321B5D
>
>What does...
>"Abstimminstrumente, eines Signalstärkenabhängig."
>"2 co-ordination instruments, one signal-strength-dependently."
>...Mean?
>Is it Radio tuning / signal strength?

If you don't get any answers here, you may try one of the shortwave or
scanner groups.

Walter Mautner

Shel-hed wrote:

> Referring to an old Kenwood KR-7200 receiver.
>
> This page-

http://www.fertinger.com/index.php?o...216&Itemid=244
> Google's translation-

http://translate.google.com/translat...l%3Den%26lr%3D
> or
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?F5A321B5D
>
> What does...
> "Abstimminstrumente, eines Signalstärkenabhängig."
> "2 co-ordination instruments, one signal-strength-dependently."
> ...Mean?
> Is it Radio tuning / signal strength?

Looks like that. One meter for tuning/freq offset, one for signal strength.

cantueso@dieznet.com

there is a google translation group at

http://groups.google.es/group/sci.lang.translation

they know everything

cantueso@dieznet.com

> What does...
> "Abstimminstrumente, eines Signalstärkenabhängig."
> "2 co-ordination instruments, one signal-strength-dependently."
> ...Mean?
> Is it Radio tuning / signal strength?

I can also give you some provisional idea, but what you quote seems to
be incomplete. as you may know, words that logically belong together
are often far apart from each other in German, so that to make sense in
English you have to do quite a bit of regrouping. your quote could
mean:

tuning instrument (of a ).......... depending on the strength (force,
size, volume) of a signal

Shel-hed

On Sun, 02 Jul 2006 09:28:00 +0200, Walter Mautner
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Shel-hed wrote:
>
>> Referring to an old Kenwood KR-7200 receiver.
>>
>> This page-
>>

>http://www.fertinger.com/index.php?o...216&Itemid=244
>> Google's translation-
>>

>http://translate.google.com/translat...l%3Den%26lr%3D
>> or
>> http://makeashorterlink.com/?F5A321B5D
>>
>> What does...
>> "Abstimminstrumente, eines Signalstärkenabhängig."
>> "2 co-ordination instruments, one signal-strength-dependently."
>> ...Mean?
>> Is it Radio tuning / signal strength?

>Looks like that. One meter for tuning/freq offset, one for signal strength.

Thank you. That makes sense. Most units I've seen only have one meter that
combines the functions.