Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Trace this guy and shut him down?

Trace this guy and shut him down?

ellis_jay

Is there anyway to trace this guy and shut him down? He has posted this
about 25 times and has been a pest for the last 2-3 weeks with his feuding
with another poster named Ron. There has been bodily threats tossed back
and forth between them. The regulars in the group are staying out of it,
but this imposter is interferring (sp) with downloads and contests over at
Rec.gambling.racing. There is one poster in the group that does post from
Tampa, Florida, and I could give the header-and I will do in a follow up.
If the imposter and the regular poster from Tampa are one and the same, then
I suppose then that I will not follow up with passing the info gleaned from
this group. The real Ron and the regular from Tampa are fussing, but this
phony Ron may be another person. Bunch of ****.

A friend of mine runs a tip sheet booth iat a California horse racetrack.
The regular poaster from Tampa has indicated he wants to visit my friend at
the California track when the horses break. My friend has indicated to me
that if the regular Tampa guy is the phony Ron then he would be uneasy
receiving a visit from a "nut". That is the underlying reason for this
"RF-little-"c"

tia

From: ron <(E-Mail Removed)>
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.racing
Subject: Re: Saturday classic 7/01
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 11:18:00 -0400

********************The REAL TAMPA GUY*********

HERE:
From: spOOkie <deletedbyellis
@netzero.compost>
Newsgroups: alt.sport.horse-racing
Subject: Re: Dialogue about Jesus Christ
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 14:25:05 GMT

I deleted his name from the header.

WHAt say you? ( Damn! I am sounding like Bill O'Reilly-SOmEBoDy sToP mE,
pULEEzE!)

___Sador the carpenter to Turin
Tolkien, The Unfinished Tales

Ellis_Jay

Whiskers

On 2006-06-30, ellis_jay <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Is there anyway to trace this guy and shut him down? He has posted this

What?

> about 25 times and has been a pest for the last 2-3 weeks with his feuding
> with another poster named Ron. There has been bodily threats tossed back
> and forth between them. The regulars in the group are staying out of it,
> but this imposter is interferring (sp) with downloads and contests over at
> Rec.gambling.racing. There is one poster in the group that does post from
> Tampa, Florida, and I could give the header-and I will do in a follow up.
> If the imposter and the regular poster from Tampa are one and the same, then
> I suppose then that I will not follow up with passing the info gleaned from
> this group. The real Ron and the regular from Tampa are fussing, but this
> phony Ron may be another person. Bunch of ****.

snip

Forget about 'Tampa, Florida' as a useful clue for whatever it is that's
bothering you.

If there are two posters with similar posting names, look carefully at the
headers of each to tell them apart.

Is

From: ron <(E-Mail Removed)>
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.racing
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 11:17:34 -0400

the same person as

From: "ron" <(E-Mail Removed)>
Newsgroups: alt.sport.horse-racing
Date: 29 Jun 2006 18:01:34 -0700

(you decide).

Is

From: spOOkie <(E-Mail Removed)>
Newsgroups: alt.sport.horse-racing
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 17:29:40 GMT

The same person as either of them? Again, you decide.

As long as all those people use consistent identities (ie the stuff you
don't want to see always comes from the same one) then it's easy enough to
'block' or 'plonk' that one using your newsreader's filtering abilities
(people reading via Google Groups are out of luck, they'll just have to
use their own brains to do the ignoring).

If you really think that someone is breaking the 'terms of service' of
their news-service provider then contact the 'abuse' or 'complaints'
address mentioned in the headers of their articles.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

ellis_jay

@netzero.compost>
> Newsgroups: alt.sport.horse-racing
> Subject: Re: Dialogue about Jesus Christ
> Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 17:29:40 GMT
>
> The same person as either of them? Again, you decide.
>
> As long as all those people use consistent identities (ie the stuff
> you don't want to see always comes from the same one) then it's easy
> enough to 'block' or 'plonk' that one using your newsreader's
> filtering abilities (people reading via Google Groups are out of
> luck, they'll just have to use their own brains to do the ignoring).
>
> If you really think that someone is breaking the 'terms of service' of
> their news-service provider then contact the 'abuse' or 'complaints'
> address mentioned in the headers of their articles.

Why did you wase your time? Sheesh!

On 2006-06-30, ellis_jay <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Whiskers wrote:
>> On 2006-06-30, ellis_jay <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> Is there anyway to trace this guy and shut him down? He has posted
>>> this

>> What?

snip

>> As long as all those people use consistent identities (ie the stuff
>> you don't want to see always comes from the same one) then it's easy
>> enough to 'block' or 'plonk' that one using your newsreader's
>> filtering abilities (people reading via Google Groups are out of
>> luck, they'll just have to use their own brains to do the ignoring).
>>
>> If you really think that someone is breaking the 'terms of service' of
>> their news-service provider then contact the 'abuse' or 'complaints'
>> address mentioned in the headers of their articles.

> Why did you wase your time? Sheesh!

If that's the thanks I get, then yes, why did I bother? If there is some
part of my reply that you don't understand, ask for further clarification.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Whiskers wrote:
> On 2006-06-30, ellis_jay <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Whiskers wrote:

>>>What?

> snip
>

>>>As long as all those people use consistent identities (ie the stuff
>>>you don't want to see always comes from the same one) then it's easy
>>>enough to 'block' or 'plonk' that one using your newsreader's
>>>filtering abilities (people reading via Google Groups are out of
>>>luck, they'll just have to use their own brains to do the ignoring).
>>>
>>>If you really think that someone is breaking the 'terms of service' of
>>>their news-service provider then contact the 'abuse' or 'complaints'
>>>address mentioned in the headers of their articles.

>>Why did you wase your time? Sheesh!

> If that's the thanks I get, then yes, why did I bother? If there is some
> part of my reply that you don't understand, ask for further clarification.

He didn't want you to be clear, he wanted you to hunt down this guy(s)
and shut them down.

Mike Easter

ellis_jay wrote:

> Is there anyway to trace this guy and shut him down?

Not what you want. Trollish ng behavior isn't likely to get him 'shut
down'. He is most likely posting from hir own broadband connectivity
provider from a Tampa FL dsl IP tampfl.dsl-w.verizon.net via a
'free/open' .tw newsserver news.ndhu.edu.tw sometimes.

200 news.ndhu.edu.tw InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.4.2 (20040707
prerelease) ready (posting ok).

You can complaint to his verizon provider but the most of his identity
'spoofing' is a 'legal' form of spoofing - he is only using the same
handle as ron sometimes, not the same email address, except
occasionally.

The spOOkie persona "Jim Bodini" is openly spoofing ron and taunting him
without covering his trail, posting with his IP exposed in both the
verizon and the National Dong Hwa University news servers. Also, the
dsl IP sticks a pretty long time without changing. There is no current
evidence that that IP is compromised, and the spOOkie persona has been
using it for some time, even when he and ron were friendly.

> this imposter is interferring (sp)
> with downloads and contests over at Rec.gambling.racing.

Just filter it out. If your newsagent doesn't filter well, you'll have
to either do it mentally or get a different newsagent.

ellis_jay wrote:
> Whiskers wrote:

>> it's easy
>> enough to 'block' or 'plonk' that one using your newsreader's
>> filtering abilities (people reading via Google Groups are out of
>> luck, they'll just have to use their own brains to do the ignoring).

> Why did you wase your time? Sheesh!

You are the one who is wasting time working on a project which should
simply be ignored/filtered.

--
Mike Easter

Whiskers

On 2006-06-30, R瀻瘲 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Whiskers wrote:
>> On 2006-06-30, ellis_jay <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

snip

>> If that's the thanks I get, then yes, why did I bother? If there is some
>> part of my reply that you don't understand, ask for further clarification.

> He didn't want you to be clear, he wanted you to hunt down this guy(s)
> and shut them down.

He can do his own hunting; I've shown him the spoor but it's up to him to
do the tracking and get his own supper.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

ellis_jay

Whiskers wrote:
> On 2006-06-30, ellis_jay <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Whiskers wrote:
>>>
>>> What?

> snip
>
>>> As long as all those people use consistent identities (ie the stuff
>>> you don't want to see always comes from the same one) then it's easy
>>> enough to 'block' or 'plonk' that one using your newsreader's
>>> filtering abilities (people reading via Google Groups are out of
>>> luck, they'll just have to use their own brains to do the ignoring).
>>>
>>> If you really think that someone is breaking the 'terms of service'
>>> of their news-service provider then contact the 'abuse' or
>>> 'complaints' address mentioned in the headers of their articles.

>> Why did you wase your time? Sheesh!

> If that's the thanks I get, then yes, why did I bother? If there is
> some part of my reply that you don't understand, ask for further
> clarification.

Sorry. Thanx. But my point was that basically you just "told" me what I
basically posted in the first instance. But Thanx for your time.

Mike Easter wrote:
> ellis_jay wrote:
>
>> Is there anyway to trace this guy and shut him down?

> Not what you want. Trollish ng behavior isn't likely to get him 'shut
> down'. He is most likely posting from hir own broadband connectivity
> provider from a Tampa FL dsl IP tampfl.dsl-w.verizon.net via a
> 'free/open' .tw newsserver news.ndhu.edu.tw sometimes.
>
> 200 news.ndhu.edu.tw InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.4.2 (20040707
> prerelease) ready (posting ok).
>
> You can complaint to his verizon provider but the most of his identity
> 'spoofing' is a 'legal' form of spoofing - he is only using the same
> handle as ron sometimes, not the same email address, except
> occasionally.
>
> The spOOkie persona "Jim Bodini" is openly spoofing ron and taunting
> him without covering his trail, posting with his IP exposed in both
> the verizon and the National Dong Hwa University news servers. Also,
> the dsl IP sticks a pretty long time without changing. There is no
> current evidence that that IP is compromised, and the spOOkie persona
> has been using it for some time, even when he and ron were friendly.
>
>> this imposter is interferring (sp)
>> with downloads and contests over at Rec.gambling.racing.

> Just filter it out. If your newsagent doesn't filter well, you'll
> have to either do it mentally or get a different newsagent.
>

> ellis_jay wrote:
>> Whiskers wrote:

>>> it's easy
>>> enough to 'block' or 'plonk' that one using your newsreader's
>>> filtering abilities (people reading via Google Groups are out of
>>> luck, they'll just have to use their own brains to do the ignoring).

>> Why did you wase your time? Sheesh!

> You are the one who is wasting time working on a project which should
> simply be ignored/filtered.

I agree. I wasted my time and other's time and should have kept my nose on
the sideline. I don't want to kill file or filter either of those guys so I
will continue to waste my time clicking on a post and seeing if it is the
real deal.....or not. Thanx to all that responded.

___Sador the carpenter to Turin
Tolkien, The Unfinished Tales

Ellis_Jay

Rectum Burn

"ellis_jay" <(E-Mail Removed)> said in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Mike Easter wrote:
>> ellis_jay wrote:

<snip>
> I agree. I wasted my time and other's time and should have kept my
> nose on the sideline.

At least you are beginning to get some of the "Almighty Kl00."

>I don't want to kill file or filter either of
> those guys so I will continue to waste my time clicking on a post and
> seeing if it is the real deal.....or not. Thanx to all that
> responded.

Kill files are your friend, ****wit.

Rectum Burrrrrrn